PDA

View Full Version : Picking up 2012 registration packet...

AnAvanti4Bob
06-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Howdy - once we have successfully registered and received a confirming email for the 2012 meet, where do we pick up the paper registration packets? The email said that the information could be picked up "at the event." I am not staying at one of the host hotels and the question of where the name tags, etc, will be available is not addressed. Would showing a printout of the registration confirmation make the process easier? Help, please and thanks.

41 Frank
06-14-2012, 08:01 AM
I would like to know the answer to that question as well.

AnAvanti4Bob
06-17-2012, 10:13 PM
BUMP - Anybody? Any info appreciated, thanks.

studegary
06-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Since you have not gotten an answer from the Meet Committee I will give you what normally happens. The packets are available at the headquarters hotel during the hours published in Turning Wheels.

AnAvanti4Bob
06-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Studegary - thanks for your response. My question is still in the field as I registered for both AOAI and SDC concours judging and (as mentioned above) am not staying at either host hotel. By past practice the packets could be at either host hotel: It seems at this event that the centrally located and "logical" place would be at the Fair grounds, but I await info as to exactly where the packets will be available. Thanks, Bob

krish
06-18-2012, 04:34 AM
hello members i am from south africa and also registered to aatned the meet. upon registration the confirmation simply states to pick up name badges at the event. The main host hotel is teh double tree hotel and i am sure this is the place to pick up all documents/badges.
regards
krish

Bob Henning
06-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Please excuse....I was at the Crossroads Zone Meet over the weekend and didn't check this thread. If you let Karen Dyer know that you want to pick up your packet at the Fairgrounds you will be able to do that. Her email address is karenldyer@sbcglobal.net. The only other place you can pick your packet up is at the host hotel where the registration is located. If you are a vendor, the packets will be available at the Fairgrounds so that you don't have to go downtown.

Thanks
Bob Henning

AnAvanti4Bob
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks Bob, I know you have a Studebaker life outside of the 2012 meet, appreciate the information and have emailed Karen...Bob

AnAvanti4Bob
06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
hello members i am from south africa and also registered to aatned the meet. upon registration the confirmation simply states to pick up name badges at the event. The main host hotel is teh double tree hotel and i am sure this is the place to pick up all documents/badges.
regards
krish

Information received, but I am not staying at either of the host hotels. Technically, since I am an Avanti owner and the Inn at St Mary's is the host hotel for the AOAI, my packet could (potentially) be at either hotel - hence my dilemna...Bob

Bob Henning
06-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I see what you mean, and you should not have to drive all over town. Have you tried contacting the AOAI part of the meet to see if you can make some arrangements with them?

studegary
06-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Information received, but I am not staying at either of the host hotels. Technically, since I am an Avanti owner and the Inn at St Mary's is the host hotel for the AOAI, my packet could (potentially) be at either hotel - hence my dilemna...Bob

This is a good point. I am a member of both SDC and AOAI. I will be staying at the Inn at Saint Marys. It would be great if I could pick up the packet there on Sunday evening or Monday morning.

41 Frank
06-19-2012, 08:20 PM
If a person is picking up their credentials at the host hotel will this entail paying for parking?

Bob Henning
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Frank, I will have to get back with you. Parking is free all week, but I need to clarify that. You can also email Mike Lepay at mlepay@frontier.com. He may have the answer to that as well.

AnAvanti4Bob
06-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks Bob, I know you have a Studebaker life outside of the 2012 meet, appreciate the information and have emailed Karen...Bob

Karen responded to my email, but "assumes" that I am a vendor - which I am not (and I emailed her again). I am still wanting to know where packets can be picked up for registrants who are members of both AOAI & SDC, registered for both concours judging, who are not vendors and not staying at either of the host hotels. I would prefer not to guess where the packets will be - information is appreciated (thanks) Bob

AnAvanti4Bob
06-21-2012, 12:52 AM
I see what you mean, and you should not have to drive all over town. Have you tried contacting the AOAI part of the meet to see if you can make some arrangements with them?

No, I haven't contacted AOAI because I registered on the SDC website and don't have a clue as to how AOAI and SDC are coordinating their efforts - hence the question on this forum...Bob

Bob Henning
06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I may have the solution Bob. Email Jen Wheeler at registration@cornerstonereg.com

Since Cornerstone, and Jen in particular is working on our meet, I will bet she will have that answer. Also, if you will, please share this with the inquiring minds here that will want to know, as I am sure that you won't be the first with that question.

Thanks
Bob Henning

AnAvanti4Bob
06-22-2012, 03:22 PM
I may have the solution Bob. Email Jen Wheeler at registration@cornerstonereg.com

Since Cornerstone, and Jen in particular is working on our meet, I will bet she will have that answer. Also, if you will, please share this with the inquiring minds here that will want to know, as I am sure that you won't be the first with that question.

Thanks
Bob Henning

Howdy Bob, I hope this works as the previous suggestion to email Karen Dyer seems doomed to failure. I know that there is time before the meet to sort this out and can understand if you don't know the answer, but I cannot imagine that this situation hasn't occured before. Thanks for your response, I will use your 2nd email suggestion and share with the group if the appropriate response is tendered. Bob

Bob Henning
06-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Good luck Bob. Since Jen is the actual person that is in charge of putting the registration packets together I hope you get an answer. Feel free to call at 574-229-6280 and we can speak.

Bob

glen
06-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Has there been any resolution to Bob's and others issue about being registered with both the SDC and AOAI parts of the meet and will they be accommodated in being able to pick up both packets in one central location, rather than chasing all over South Bend! I would have thought both organizing committees, could have handled the issue, rather than having Bob chase down the answer, if there is one, by himself. Someone should have stepped up to solve the issue at the local level. I know it may sound easy for me to say something, but I would suggest that this issue, could be and should be, passed along to each of the upcoming International Meets, where SDC and AOAI are both there, but at separate Host Hotels, as a learning experience, so it can be facilitated better, in the future! The is my Złoty opinion, for what it is worth! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Since the meet is now just 30 days away...everyone have a safe trip and a good time...

wheelsm
06-29-2012, 04:30 PM
All registration packets (for those per-registered) may be picked up at the South Bend DoubleTree Hotel (the host hotel). This is true whether you are signed up for the AOAI or SDC Meet. They are one and the same Meet this year.
On-site registration will at the same hotel.

studegary
06-30-2012, 01:31 PM
All registration packets (for those per-registered) may be picked up at the South Bend DoubleTree Hotel (the host hotel). This is true whether you are signed up for the AOAI or SDC Meet. They are one and the same Meet this year.
On-site registration will at the same hotel.

Thanks for the definitive statement on this, Mark.
Will we be able to pick up meet packets on Sunday evening? This will give us information and ID tags so that we can take the shuttle from the Inn at St. Marys to the host hotel for the SDC Board Meeting on Monday (starting early in the AM).
Hopefully, the shuttle is running early enough for the SDC Board Meeting. I have yet to see a schedule of hours of operation for the shuttle.

AnAvanti4Bob
06-30-2012, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=glen;657773]Has there been any resolution to Bob's and others issue about being registered with both the SDC and AOAI parts of the meet and will they be accommodated in being able to pick up both packets in one central location, rather than chasing all over South Bend! I would have thought both organizing committees, could have handled the issue, rather than having Bob chase down the answer, if there is one, by himself. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Well, after emailing Karen Dyer and Jen (who referred me back to Bob Henning!?), all answers point to the SDC host hotel as the place to pick up registrations whether nor not you are an AOAI or SDC registrant (or both) as confirmed by Mark Wheeler. I also take Glen's point that I may not have been the in the best position to "discover" this information as this issue was bound to occur at a joint meet. I realize that the SDC is accepting responsibility for a large undertaking, but for AOAI registrants at their host hotel, why not have the AOAI only registrations available at the Inn at St. Mary's - seems more user friendly to me. I accept that I will pick up my registration at the SDC host hotel downtown. Question: will there be some sort of temporary parking available at the DoubleTree for people who are just going in to pick up registrations as opposed to street, valet or $$$ parking? Thanks to one and all who are working hard to make this event a success...Bob

wheelsm
07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Hi all.

To answer a couple more questions:
1. Yes, you may pick up registration packets on Sunday starting at 10:00 am at the DoubleTree Hotel South Bend on the 2nd floor.
2. The reason we only have one central location for registration packet pickup is because many people are registered for BOTH the SDC and AOAI. We have no idea what hotel people are staying at. It would be a nightmare tracking this information down, PLUS if we sent a packet over to the Inn at St. Mary's, but someone decided to stop in at the DoubleTree first (or vice-versa), we wouldn't have their packet for them. To avoid all the potential mix--ups and second-guessing, having registration at one central location makes the most sense.

One final note: All meet information can be found at www.sdcmeet.com

Bob Henning
07-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Just to clarify....

If you registered ASC and SDC, you will get both at the Fairgrounds. If you are a vendor, the registration packet will be available at the Fairgrounds, so you do not need to go downtown.

Thanks
Bob Henning

studegary
07-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi all.

To answer a couple more questions:
1. Yes, you may pick up registration packets on Sunday starting at 10:00 am at the DoubleTree Hotel South Bend on the 2nd floor.
2. The reason we only have one central location for registration packet pickup is because many people are registered for BOTH the SDC and AOAI. We have no idea what hotel people are staying at. It would be a nightmare tracking this information down, PLUS if we sent a packet over to the Inn at St. Mary's, but someone decided to stop in at the DoubleTree first (or vice-versa), we wouldn't have their packet for them. To avoid all the potential mix--ups and second-guessing, having registration at one central location makes the most sense.

One final note: All meet information can be found at www.sdcmeet.com

Thanks, Mark. This all makes sense.
I plan on driving out on Saturday and Sunday. How late do you plan on having the registration pick up available on Sunday evening?

glen
07-03-2012, 11:01 AM
So let me get this straight.......

According to Mark at Cornerstone:
"1. Yes, you may pick up registration packets on Sunday starting at 10:00 am at the DoubleTree Hotel South Bend on the 2nd floor."
and
"2. The reason we only have one central location for registration packet pickup is because many people are registered for BOTH the SDC and AOAI. We have no idea what hotel people are staying at. It would be a nightmare tracking this information down, PLUS if we sent a packet over to the Inn at St. Mary's, but someone decided to stop in at the DoubleTree first (or vice-versa), we wouldn't have their packet for them. To avoid all the potential mix--ups and second-guessing, having registration at one central location makes the most sense."

But then Mr. Henning of the SDC National Committee says:
"If you registered ASC and SDC, you will get both at the Fairgrounds." So what happened with the above decision, from Cornerstone about everybody :confused:

The only sense out of this whole thing, if it is true, according to Mr. Henning, is the vendors can just go to the fair grounds to pick their packets up!

The good news: is for those of us traveling to Colorado Springs for the 2013 National meet, we will only have only 1 place to go to: The Crowne Plaza Host Hotel! The only off site activities will be the normal tours and the Family Fun night! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/icons/icon6.png

studegary
07-03-2012, 01:04 PM
The good news: is for those of us traveling to Colorado Springs for the 2013 National meet, we will only have only 1 place to go to: The Crowne Plaza Host Hotel! The only off site activities will be the normal tours and the Family Fun night! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/images/icons/icon6.png

This is the way that most SDC International Conventions are (most all in one place). We put up with all of the idiosyncracies of South Bend because it is South Bend.

wheelsm
07-03-2012, 01:08 PM
"The only constant is change." Ever hear that quote?

In order to appease some people, the hosting chapter has now decided that they will have the SDC registration packets for VENDORS and anyone also registered with the ASC (Antique Studebaker Club) Meet out at the Fairgrounds.

Let me be as clear as I can:

1. IF you are a VENDOR at the Meet, your registration packet will be at the Fairgrounds.
2. IF you registered with the ASC (Antique Studebaker Club) for their meet, AND you also registered for the SDC/AOAI Meet, your registration packet will be at the Fairgrounds.
3. Everyone else who does NOT fall into categories 1 or 2 above, your registration packet will be at the DoubleTree Hotel.

That's how it sits today. If there is any change, I or Bob Henning will post an update here.