Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burlington Doors Open Stude show 6/10/12 (PIX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burlington Doors Open Stude show 6/10/12 (PIX)

Doors Open in a province-wide initiative taking place in various communities, the main focus being on landmark buildings, businesses, et cetera, opening up for public viewing. This year, Burlington decided their Doors Open should incorporate a car display, and specifically the SDC Hamilton Chapter was invited to exhibit our vehicles...these pix are from Sunday's show but there was also a showing on Saturday, during the first half of which it poured rain, nevertheless several real troupers did turn out! I was working Saturday but my Lark attended anyway with new Chapter member John Thompson at the wheel. Five other Studes/Avantis plus the Burlington fire department's 1923 Reo-Bickle truck were there Saturday; Sunday the count was nine Studes, the fire truck, and a '52 Ford pickup hotrod with '66 Studebaker gauges on the dash! Herewith a few pix...

The firetruck, owned since 1925 by Burlington FD and in service into the fifties...

50 Champion

55 Champion

60 Lark Regal droptop

63 Lark Daytona droptop with my 62 Lark and the Chapter banner behind

Two superb 64s, a Daytona HT and an R1-engined GT Hawk

52 Ford...

...with very tasteful matching gauges!

64 Avanti departs

As can be seen the Sunday weather was superb, and a good time was had by all; plenty of folks stopped to chat (but that's not clear from the pix since I waited for unobstructed shots!).

S.

Great shots of some fine looking cars and truck! Thank you.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

I like the Ford's gauge package!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
        Doors Open in a province-wide initiative taking place in various communities, the main focus being on landmark buildings, businesses, et cetera, opening up for public viewing. This year, Burlington decided their Doors Open should incorporate a car display, and specifically the SDC Hamilton Chapter was invited to exhibit our vehicles...these pix are from Sunday's show but there was also a showing on Saturday, during the first half of which it poured rain, nevertheless several real troupers did turn out! I was working Saturday but my Lark attended anyway with new Chapter member John Thompson at the wheel. Five other Studes/Avantis plus the Burlington fire department's 1923 Reo-Bickle truck were there Saturday; Sunday the count was nine Studes, the fire truck, and a '52 Ford pickup hotrod with '66 Studebaker gauges on the dash! Herewith a few pix...

The firetruck, owned since 1925 by Burlington FD and in service into the fifties...

50 Champion

55 Champion

60 Lark Regal droptop

63 Lark Daytona droptop with my 62 Lark and the Chapter banner behind

Two superb 64s, a Daytona HT and an R1-engined GT Hawk

52 Ford...

...with very tasteful matching gauges!

64 Avanti departs

As can be seen the Sunday weather was superb, and a good time was had by all; plenty of folks stopped to chat (but that's not clear from the pix since I waited for unobstructed shots!).

S.
        Where's our car Steve?
        Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu--

Here's your '64 droptop...sorry about that, looks like that was the only vehicle I didn't post (albeit my '62 is only seen in the background, but then the forum has doubtless seen more than enough of ol' Betty...)

S.
          Last edited by Steve T; 06-14-2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X