Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Studebaker's Last Dance - The Avanti" (new book interview w Andy Beckman 6-6-12))

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Studebaker's Last Dance - The Avanti" (new book interview w Andy Beckman 6-6-12))

WNIT Public Telelvision - Michiana Public Broadcasting. Michiana\'s Public Media Source.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Good plug for the Avantis ....just can't believe that Andy said nothing about the International meet when asked what was going on this summer !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

My guess is because the SDC Intl meet is not a museum event and that is what the interviewer asked about. While the museum was involved in the 2007 Intl meet they are not involved in this one.
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

You know as well as anyone that the museum benefits from an International held in SB.....that makes it odd it wasn't mentioned.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

No matter what, Nice interview! and as always Andy was very articulate! Now, i just need to get one of those books!! <G>

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Studebaker National Museum archivist Andrew Beckman has recently released his newest book, "Studebaker's Last Dance: The Avanti."
            The new book studies the Avanti automobile from its Studebaker heritage to its early design ideas, ending with the last model produced in 2007. It includes many interesting facts and figures and many more rare photographs from the Studebaker Museum's archives.

The book is available for sale through the Avanti Owner's Association's website. See the link below.

Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Nice book Lew, does your website allow folks like me (overseas) to make immediate payment or do I have to ring or email like the museum? I may get a book later.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                My guess is because the SDC Intl meet is not a museum event and that is what the interviewer asked about. While the museum was involved in the 2007 Intl meet they are not involved in this one.
                Actually, they are involved Dick. Check the meet itinerary and see there are several events involving the Museum.
                Stu Chapman

Comment

credit cards should work from anywhere, but some non-U.S. bank's credit cards do not work with the security checks that credit card processors use here, mainly address verification which matches the address where the credit card bill is sent to the ordering/shipping address being used.
                  Lew Schucart
                  Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X