Cruise Night in LaPorte, Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise Night in LaPorte, Indiana

For about the last 12-15 years the Michiana Antique Auto Club has been holding a Cruise Night in LaPorte. It's pretty cool...they block of the main road through town and only cars entered car be on the road for two hours. There were at least 400 cars and several thousand people lined the street to watch. There were tons of Mustangs, GTO's, Vettes etc., but only 3 Studebakers plus mine. It took me 12 years, but I was happy to finally get the Hawk in the cruise. I can't tell you how many times I heard people say, "Look...there's a Studebaker". Kind of cool that my car stood out.
    Attached Files

Your car looks great. Outstanding you made the drive!
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Very nice looking Power Hawk, I love the somewhat unusual stock Color combo!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice. Congrats. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo5671 View Post
          For about the last 12-15 years the Michiana Antique Auto Club has been holding a Cruise Night in LaPorte. It's pretty cool...they block of the main road through town and only cars entered car be on the road for two hours. There were at least 400 cars and several thousand people lined the street to watch. There were tons of Mustangs, GTO's, Vettes etc., but only 3 Studebakers plus mine. It took me 12 years, but I was happy to finally get the Hawk in the cruise. I can't tell you how many times I heard people say, "Look...there's a Studebaker". Kind of cool that my car stood out.
          Is this a once a year event or a weekly cruise? What would be the date(s)?
          Stu Chapman

Comment

Think I can read your mind Stu !
            We could have alot of Studebakers there near the end of July <g>
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Unfortunately it is only once a year...usually one of the first two Saturdays in June. It takes quite a bit to put the cruise on. They have to close several roads including a few state highways.

Comment

Working...
              X