PDA

View Full Version : I"m missing Bob Andrews

stall
06-10-2012, 10:55 AM
It's been a while since I've seen one of Bob's pithy posts. Is he sick or on the road? I hope all is well.

Murray

41 Frank
06-10-2012, 11:21 AM
He was on the Stovehuggers Forum yesterday posting on the "Dogfight " thread.

HookedonStudies
06-10-2012, 02:03 PM
"I'm missing Bob Andrews".

That's OK Murray, with practice your aim is bound to improve!

SN-60
06-10-2012, 02:07 PM
To: HookedonStudies,----- Funny....Funny!!!!

BobPalma
06-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Not posting as much, Murray, but still around.

If you ever wonder what a member is up to, just go to their profile and click on all posts by this member (or something like that). It will spit out all that person's posts in chronological order, starting with the most recent.

I believe you'll find Bob has posted 'most every day, but not as many per day, for sure. BP

Bob Andrews
06-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Murray, thanks, I'm doing just fine. It's true, I don't post here as much as I used to. Thank you especially for your use of the word 'pithy', since it describes my style. That's part of why my participation is lesser here- my type doesn't fit the prevailing dictate of tiptoeing around lest we hurt the feelings of a few head cases. Diplomacy at the expense of truth is not how I operate. It's fine if the leadership feels the need to be limp-noodled; I'm not mad at all, I'm just not as good a fit here as in the past.

That doesn't mean I don't still have love for cars, and Studebakers in particular. I'm in the planning process of my dream shop, prepping some properties for sale, and downsizing my stuff; I've sold or scrapped about 50 cars in the last 3 months, have a few more to sell including a few Studes, and been playing with my '60 Lark. On top of that, I'm up to my eyeballs in racing again, this time as a teacher for a younger guy; prepping the car and coaching. It's an adjustment for me to not be behind the wheel, but it's a lot of fun, and my young charge is currently leading in Rookie points. I've not promoted my classic car inspection business at all since the website alone has generated enough work for me (for now, not counting the blog I have on the site), and of course still carrying the mail full time; and leaving family time in there too, plus a couple other forums I post on a bit all keeps me busy. So I'm still in high gear, just allocating a bit differently:)

My participation here, or lack thereof, has no impact on my love for Studes, or especially the great folks here. I look forward to bringing the Lark to SB next month, and of course the Syracuse Nats. What's more I just bought a lovely '62 Cadillac Fleetwood to pat on the head a while and sell. Aside from family, my life is all about classic cars and racing, and I can't seem to get my fill of either<G> Thank Heaven my sweetheart is a good sport:)

Again, thanks to you, and those who e-mail me wondering about my whereabouts. I look in on and off, but for me the prevailing action is damning the torpedoes:) Hope your Speester is treating you well, and we can meet up at Syracuse!:!:

comatus
06-11-2012, 07:46 AM
My posts used to be pithy, too. Then I got over the lisp.

Bob Andrews
06-11-2012, 09:14 PM
My posts used to be pithy, too. Then I got over the lisp.

Thmartath.