Update on the POR Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the POR Hawk

I pulled the seats, interior panels and carpet from the Looks Like Hell Hawk today. Found two brand new sets of plug wires under the rear seat along with a cheap set of needle nose pliers. []

It looks like the floors had been tackled multiple times by a 10th grade shop class. While there was only one small area with rust through, there are patches on top of patches. It turns out the carpet will not work in my '62 as this car has 2 under seat heaters and I tore some of it getting it out (it was heavily glued).

Here are some pictures:

So, is it a parts car or can it (economically) be restored?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

So, is it a parts car or can it (economically) be restored?

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John,

It would take a lot to restore the car, but if someone was interested in driving a "beater", it would fill the bill. I took it out for a short trip yesterday and it did fine. My driving may be limited as it has an upside down milk crate for a seat right now. I was hoping that someone closer than JP might have a couple of old seats that I could put in it.

Gary

Comment

John,

It would take a lot to restore the car, but if someone was interested in driving a "beater", it would fill the bill. I took it out for a short trip yesterday and it did fine. My driving may be limited as it has an upside down milk crate for a seat right now. I was hoping that someone closer than JP might have a couple of old seats that I could put in it.

Gary

Comment

I wish we would have thought about extra seats, i could have sold you a set of buckets and left them with Tom.

JDP/Maryland
            64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
            64 GT R2
            63 GT R2
            63 Lark 2 door
            59 3E truck
            58 Starlight
            52 & 53 Starliner
            51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I wish we would have thought about extra seats, i could have sold you a set of buckets and left them with Tom.

JDP/Maryland
              64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
              64 GT R2
              63 GT R2
              63 Lark 2 door
              59 3E truck
              58 Starlight
              52 & 53 Starliner
              51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I think that's spelled POoR Hawk .

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think that's spelled POoR Hawk .

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

JP,

I wish that we had thought of that too. Perhaps we can work out a deal and N8 can bring them to his place, which would cut some time off my trip. Since I gor the rotted black and white rear seat out of a '63, can you match the color?

Dick,

This is actually the POR Hawk as someone has covered the entire exterior with POR 15. In the alternative, it is also known as the Looks Like Hell Hawk.

Gary

Comment

JP,

I wish that we had thought of that too. Perhaps we can work out a deal and N8 can bring them to his place, which would cut some time off my trip. Since I gor the rotted black and white rear seat out of a '63, can you match the color?

Dick,

This is actually the POR Hawk as someone has covered the entire exterior with POR 15. In the alternative, it is also known as the Looks Like Hell Hawk.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                      X