No announcement yet.

Source for '60 Lark Arm Rests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Source for '60 Lark Arm Rests?

Hello All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to look for new interior arm rests for a '60 Lark Regal?

Thanks so much,

Jerry K

I got mine on eBay from rqa40
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by allstateguy View Post
      I got mine on eBay from rqa40
      That is Bill Stroud in Mi. he has a lot of stuff, I have sold all mine, might have some used ones left.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

What kind of shape is your armrest base in? The 60 came with a separate armrest base with a padded upper. It may just require having the upper portion reupholstered with new vinyl. That would be alot easier & cheaper.
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I have a couple of NOS blue ones, but for one side only. I think they are for driver's side, but will have to check. Might have used ones for both sides, also in blue.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks for the helpful responses. To answer a couple questions, what I really need is the armrest base itself for the front passenger door. Mine is badly broken. The upholstery is still serviceable, but definitely showing its age. My car is a convertible and has a red interior.

Thanks for the help guys, it is much appreciated!

Jerry K

Comment

You can paint the bases and get new covers for the cushions. But you might be able to find decent used bases in the correct color from one of the big vendors of used parts, like Tom Karkewicz (sp?). If you have any interest in the blue ones I have, drop me a line at lackie at erols dot com.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Post a picture of the right base, I have a lot of different ones, then I can match up what you need.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Thanks once again. I'll get a picture in a few days and try this again. The bases are plastic, and were chrome, but the chrome is wearing off.

Thanks!

Comment

Arm Rest Pics

Well, let's see if I can figure out how to post a few photos! Here's the first picture of my Lark's front drivers door arm rest. A picture of the base to follow right away.

Jerry
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by nashtwin8; 06-18-2012, 07:31 PM. Reason: I goofed!

Comment

View of the underside of the arm rest base.

Actually, the upholstery is not so bad. What I really need is the base, and I would consider a pair of them if the chrome finish is nice. Any help will be appreciated.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Top view of the arm rest.

Thanks to all for the other suggestions too. I may end up having to use one of those.

Take care,

Jerry
                        Attached Files

Comment

One last view - this is the drivers front door arm rest. The one I really need is for the passenger front door. That one is badly broken.

Thanks again,

Jerry
                          Attached Files

Comment

There is a spray chrome product that makes plastic parts look like show quality chrome metal ... contact Jim McCaun
                            sigpic
                            John
                            63R-2386
                            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

These look like the same arm rests that were in production since the 53 models came out. If you cannot find a chrome one, another color of any year from 53 and up can be chromed by some shops that plate plastic. or, you could paint it silver and see if anyone (besides you) notices.

That could also be a temporary repair until you can find a chrome one.
                              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X