Broken Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo / Tach / Gauges: Broken Clock

I have a 65 commander and I was in west philadelphia, born and raised, shooting some b-ball when a couple of guys who were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and she said "your moving in with out auntie and uncle in bel air". But all nonsense aside the dashboard clock does not tick. I am able to adjust the time but it will not tick for more than 2-3 seconds before stopping. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

It has points inside ( if it's like the Packard I recently fixed). When the points make contact, they are thrown apart. This throws a counterweight and stretches a spring, winding the mechanism. That makes the clock run for a minute or two, then the points contact again and the process is repeated. If you can clean the points with some emery cloth, it'll probably work again.
    It is a very fiddly task to take it apart.
    Good luck, Kelly

Comment

There's a tutorial on clock servicing on the tech tips about a Hawk clock. It's the same clock as you have. You need to clean and lubricate the clockworks to make it run. I did this on my '63 Lark and it works great now.

Comment

Working...
      X