Hello from a Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a Newbie

It's time I joined this party. I've just fulfilled a life-long dream to own a Studebaker, by buying a '64 Cruiser. It needs a little engine work (vacuum leak) and some TLC in the interior, but I'm thrilled silly. Looking forward to learning a whole lot here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Profile.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1735910
    Sue

Welcome aboard Sue. That is a sharp looking Cruiser.

Comment

Welcome Sue; I'm sure you'll soon be drivint that Cruiser. The good news for you is that once Studebakers are taken to a mechanically sound state, they stay there for a long time. If you fix it right you'll have a dependable ride. The other bit of good news is that; in general mechanical repairs are easier and cheaper than body fixes. Keep in touch as questions come up, you'll find lots of good natured expertize here.

Good Luck, Murray
      Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

if you haven't already, join the "Studebaker Drivers Club"! the price of admission is worth getting the monthly magazine: "Turning Wheels".

that's a very nice looking Cruiser! and thank you for your service to our country!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I am so Happy for you! Good Luck Studebaking!

Lark VIII girl

Comment

Hi Sue, beautiful car! The folks here are amazing and should be able to help you get your ride going strong in no time.
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Hi and welcome to the madness that be us (laughs). From all of us in Australia. Lovely car.
              Last edited by avantilover; 06-02-2012, 12:39 PM.
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Welcome Sue! I also have a 1964 Cruiser that I drive as a daily driver. It is Laguna Blue, however. Register your Cruiser in the Cruiser registery and take a look at others there. You can register at :

Feel free to ask any question here, and you will get wealth of knowledge.

Mark

Comment

Wow! Thank you all. I have just joined the SDC and will scope out the Cruiser Registry. And the local chapter, and the service manuals, and the .... So, if my house and yard suffer, so what?
                  Sue

Comment

Welcome to the land of Studebakers. Your Cruiser is beautiful. It's about the same color as my '41. I also have a 1954 conv. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. I am a member of the north Georgia and North Carolina Studebaker clubs. Join one, or more, of your local clubs, and you'll be glad you did.

Comment

welcome!!! a great group of people here...and there is no such thing as a stupid question with anybody (as i have asked many)....great group of guys and gals!!!

Comment

Welcome Sue!...good to have another girl driver aboard...I'm Marie with Pinky (56 Golden Hawk)...I've been onboard since the early spring...these folks are very helpful and are great people to chat with...happy cruisin'!!!
                        Marie

Comment

Again, thank you all for the kind welcome. I can see I'll be spending a lot of time here. I took the Cruiser back to the shop today to get the vacuum leak fixed. Hopefully, it's just a manifold gasket. When it's running a little better I'll be ready for a couple cruise-ins and shows later this month.
                          Sue

Comment

The Northeast Zone Meet of the SDC is in Rutland. VT on June 22-24 (primarily the 23rd). It is being put on by your local SDC chapter that covers ME, NH & VT.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Welcome, Sue, enjoy your ride.

Comment

Working...
                              X