Studebaker House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker House

Here is an inexpensive opportunity to live in a historic Studebaker home.

A listing in one of the local real estate magazines for the restored home of Clement Studebaker, the mariner who came to north America and was the original USA ancestor the wagon/car family was descended from. This info according to the historical marker outside the home. (Great Grandfather of John Studebaker, if my memory is still good!)

What a great opportunity for a dedicated Studebaker collector to live in the family home!

The listing on the MLS is #2111179LKT Asking price is $295,000.

The listing agent is Re/Max of Gettysburg, Linda Kane-Taylor, 717-677-7081
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Why couldn't you give us a link? That MLS# comes up nothing.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Search for homes for sale, rental properties, find real estate agents, and open houses on Homes & Land!
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Geez, that's gotta be a deal! Wish I wasn't so spoiled to the lack of mosquitos out here.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Folks regardless of what the Real Estate Ad MAY SAY, THIS IS NOT THE CLEMENT sTUDEBAKER HOME.CLEMENT'S original home is located in Paradise Township Adams County about 4 miles outside of East Berlin. Clement was dead when this house was built by his eldest son David who by German tradition inherited all of his Father's assets upon his death. Provisions of Clement's Will stated that if the farm was sold David had to provide specific sums to each of his brothers and sisters plus take care of his Mother.

The house that is for sale was built by David, Clement's oldest son. He moved his Mother and the rest of the family there when the farm was sold and the assets were divided per Clement's will. David occupied the house for a short period of time before moving to Upper Bedford County PA and then on to Ohio.

Clement's wife remained in the East Berlin house until her death and is buried in East Berlin. The second son was Clement Jr. who also remained in the area buying 235 acres in Tyrone Township Adams County working as a Blackcmith, Carpenter and a Joiner. He and both of his wives are also buried in the same cemetary as his Mother in East Berlin.

John Clement, father of the five brothers was born to Clement Jr and his 2nd wife in 1799. In 1821 John Clement married Rebecca Mohler and purchased 135 acres in Tyrone Township adjoining his Father's land. Of course he moved to Ohio in 1835 while his father remained in Tyrone Township, Adams County

To preclude any second guessing on these facts, I am a recognized authority on the first 100 years of the Studebaker family in America and I am published on the subject. I am currently working on verifying pictures that I have obtained of the original John Ckement farm and the home that stood there until the early 1900's when it burned to the ground. I am also researching what I call Clement Studebaker's lost years from Decemebr 1736 to Jan 1749 when little is known of him and his whereabouts. This research will be completed shortly and will be published by the SNFA.

If you hsve additional questions on the family's first 100 years please ask them of me.

By the way, this hosue has been for sale several times in the past few years. As a matter of fact, it was for sale during the Lancaster 2008 International Meet While it is nice small home located in the center of East Berlin and a piece of the Studebaker family hidtory it is not the Clement house and in my humble opinion is overpriced for the market and is misrepresented in the AD and listing.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Be that as it may, I wish I'd spent some time in a viontage home like this - no matter who the former owners had been. That this one has a less-than-impressive connection to Studebaker does not dampen my enthusiasm about it. Thing is, I'm too old to pull up stakes where we're at. I wouldn't move across town at this point in time, Too much trouble.

Comment

studebaker house

the gentleman from easton,pa is correct about the history of the house. just think the keystone studebaker drivers club turned this house down not too many years ago for around the sum of 65,000.00

Comment

Many years ago I purchased a Avanti from a individual that lived in a Victorian house in Monrovia, Cal. He represented this house as belonging to a member of the Studebaker family. Beside the Avanti there was a horse wagon built by Studebaker in the carriage house. Any thoughts on which Studebaker member could have lived there.This was a huge house that took up the whole block and when built would have cost a considerable amount of money.

Bob Caser
                mrbobinc

Comment

Working...
                X