Studebaker count.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker count.

This past week I have had some down time since my wife is in the hospital so tried to sit down and count the number of Studebakers I have owned, sold and parted since my first one in 1958, from 58-74 the count was around 10 then from 74- 93 the count went down to maybe 3 but from 93 untill now the over all total has been 250 and as of today the count is 16, what have others had in numbers of Studebakers? I also have break down by years and models but that would fill the page.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Only one. But I have a strong sense that there will be more.
    Dave Nevin
    Corvallis, OR
    1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
    Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Well let's see, I have 7 in the shed, one rotting away alongside the shed, two parts cars sitting outside, one in the garage, a complete body of one in Colorado and one car in California of all places. That adds up to a baker's dozen. If I get anymore than that, I hope someone steps in for an intervention.
      By the way, I still have my very first one that I bought back in 1988. Oh, and I would be happy to trade 10 of them for your 1964 Hawk as pictured.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

To:candlbstudebakers,----Hope everything goes well for Your Wife!

Comment

Our thoughts are with you and Kathy.
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

I'm hoping it works out for your wife, Bob. You've been more than helpful to me. I've owned two studees but many more were in my family. I did an inventory once of every job I've had, every place I've lived, every car I've owned and every girl I had dated. Was over 400 girls by the time I stopped counting. You found a keeper.
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
              I'm hoping it works out for your wife, Bob. You've been more than helpful to me. I've owned two studees but many more were in my family. I did an inventory once of every job I've had, every place I've lived, every car I've owned and every girl I had dated. Was over 400 girls by the time I stopped counting. You found a keeper.
              It will be 50 years in Dec. and never once a bad word about getting another Studebakers, but some bad words about other things but never about Studebakers, ya she is a keeper and a good cook.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Many years ago, I attempted to list the Studebakers that I have owned. I came up with just over 50. Since that time, I just say, more than 50.
                The most cars that I have owned at one time was ten. I decided that I couldn't keep them maintained and was paying a lot for storage. Now, I try to keep down to a manageable number, but every once in a while something just "grabs" me.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                  It will be 50 years in Dec. and never once a bad word about getting another Studebakers, but some bad words about other things but never about Studebakers, ya she is a keeper and a good cook.
                  Cathy and I hit 49 years in a month from tomorrow. We both had Studebakers when we met.
                  My best wishes to Kathy (and you).
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Bob,
                    Eight, including one new one and one parts car.
                    Best wishes for you and your wife, hope she's home soon.
                    Feb 27 2013 will be 50 years for Arlene and me. With hindsight, I' do it all over again. It's been a great adventure, with a great partner.

Dick
                    Mountain Home, AR
                    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

Bob,

Hope all goes well with your wife. One Studebaker and one wife for 34 years this Nov. Almost lost her to pancreatic cancer. My prayers are sent!!!
                      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

One Studebaker and one wife, 27 years and 20 years respectfully.
                        Best wishes for your wife.

Comment

Bob,
                          I trust all goes well with your Wife. I only have the GT now (42 years) & one Wife of 53 years but figure I have had over 20 various Studes over nearly 50 years.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                          MELBOURNE.

Comment

In the late 50's I owned a 52 Commander Convertible
                            In the 60's I owned:
                            51 Champion
                            56 Power Hawk
                            56 Sky Hawk
                            56 Golden Hawk
                            61 Hawk
                            60 Lark stock car
                            53 "C" Commander
                            Since 1991 I have slowly accumulated the ones below.
                            Last edited by 41 Frank; 05-28-2012, 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
                            Frank van Doorn
                            Omaha, Ne.
                            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Hi Bob,

Sorry to hear about Kathy..... You're both in my prayers!

How many Studebakers? My first was a 51 four door in 1964..... didn't get another until 2005. All together I've owned 14.... most of them parts cars..... still have 6.

Regards,
                              John Brayton

Comment

Working...
                              X