Quicker Speedster Steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quicker Speedster Steering?

Talked with a fellow '55 Speedster owner this morning. He mentioned that He felt the steering in His condition#1 speedster was a bit too 'slow'. He installed a pair of the short steering arms on the car,
    (which are available through the vendors), and says that it was a good move. The handling is much
    improved. Has anyone else an opinion on this before I order a set for My car? (Saginaw P/S)

I installed a set for a customers, 60 hawk, with bendix power steering. the thrill of driving is much improved. I'd say as long as the rest of the front end is in good shape you'll like it. If you've got a loose front end with hunting or wandering issue if present it will be amplified.

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    Talked with a fellow '55 Speedster owner this morning. He mentioned that He felt the steering in His condition#1 speedster was a bit too 'slow'. He installed a pair of the short steering arms on the car,
    (which are available through the vendors), and says that it was a good move. The handling is much
    improved. Has anyone else an opinion on this before I order a set for My car? (Saginaw P/S)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

To: rusty nut garage,------- That makes sense. Thanks for your opinion.

Comment

Keep in mind though that these "Quick" Steering Arms are not recommended for Manual Steering cars for obvious reasons.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Hey StudeRich.......good to hear from You.

Comment

Working...
          X