Broken Hinges on 51 Champion Convertible Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Broken Hinges on 51 Champion Convertible Top

I need to repair or replace the back hinges on the top frame that are potmetal and broken on both sides.

DOES anyone know if they are being recast?
    DOES anyone know who repairs broken potmetal, I HAVE BEEN TOLD they Cant be welded.

Thanks MILT SIMON
    MSimon317@aol.com

Which parts do you need? I "might" have some spares.

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

I think there are at least three options:

(1) anything can be welded - look for another shop
      (2) There is a parts car on Ebay right now with bows, but it looks pretty tough $1500
      (3) I thought I saw new bows in the SI catalogue - I was surprised to see them.

Good luck,

Comment

Brian Curtis just went through this with a customer's car he is working on. He has a source at least for the lower hinges. You can email him at briankcurtis at yahoo dot com
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

broken hinges

I have located some of the lower hinges from S.I. The two hinges on the second bow so far haven't been found, but still looking. There is a nearby cast iron welder who can repair the broken hinges if we come up short. Also, if both pieces are at hand, they can be recast.

Brian

Comment

Working...
          X