New best time for Stu Cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New best time for Stu Cool

Had fun at Sacramento Raceway last night. Was able to make 4 passes 13.74, 13.73, 13.57 and a 13.92. This is the most consistent I have been and I can attribute that to my simple traction bars and more practice on my part. Advice on tire pressure from our race experts also helped. My 60' times still are not what I would like though from a best of 2.23 up to a 2.28. The 13.92 was in the first round of eliminations and I am afraid I got a little excited and mashed the throttle a little too hard coming off the line and spun the tires more. The Studebaker represented the marque well and frequently had a crowd around it with questions and tales of Studebaker lore. At least some that are found in the thread on Studebaker Myths.

If you like to drive your car fast, the track is the place to do it legally and in a safe environment. $15 was all it cost to race, cheap entertainment these days.
    Attached Files
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

That must be a heck of a rush. I wonder if they got something like that out here in New England? I will ask around.
    sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

Tell us more about your '60. Is it a Lark or Hawk? What engine and trans setup?

Comment

Pat, great times !! Congrats ! Dan

Comment

Pat, good report, glad it is working well. Stu Cool is HOT!
          Perry
          \'50 Business Champion
          \'50 Starlight Champion
          \'60 Lark Convertible,
          \'63 GT R1,
          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Originally posted by jasontaub9 View Post
            Tell us more about your '60. Is it a Lark or Hawk? What engine and trans setup?
            Jason, My car is a 1953 Starlight Coupe. I was referring to my elapsed time to 60' (feet) at the track. That's the I1 number on the time slip. The car is powered by a fuel injected LS1 all aluminum V8 that came from a 2000 Pontiac TransAm. Transmission is a 4L60E automatic with overdrive that came with the engine. Sorry for the confusion.
            Last edited by Pat Dilling; 05-24-2012, 04:23 PM.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Pat, You must think your still a teenager....don't ever grow up!
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

Double thumbs up on supporting your local track. I'm very jealous. My new race motor is being a bit finicky. Last nights drive revealed some tuning problems, so back in the garage. At least it ran cool.
                Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to mess, then get in some more road miles, then work takes me away from home for a week. Maybe...by mid-june, I'll have a time slip to share too.

Comment

Just proves what I always say---STU COOL forever!
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Working...
                  X