Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Star chapter's annual 'Get the cars out' at Pioneer Park, Annandale MN (photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Star chapter's annual 'Get the cars out' at Pioneer Park, Annandale MN (photos)

Saturday racked up a few miles on my Hawk as my nephew and I drove it to Big Lake for the A&W restaurant car show kick-off for A&W Cruise Night. Upon consuming a cheese burger basket and A&W rootbeer (which I got a half price discount for attending the car show), we drove on to club member Ed & Jean's home for a gathering of Model T Fords and a variety of Studebakers.
    Minutes after arriving, all of the old cars & trucks lined up to become a convoy of old iron headed for Pioneer Park in nearby Annandale. Before arriving at the park, the convoy made a loop through the local retirement home where we were greeted by the residents with waves and smiles. Continuing through main street Annandale, we reached highway 55 and then Pioneer Park where we met up with some more Studebakers. It was a great day to get the Studebaker out. Too bad I hadnt recharged my camera's batteries though as I would have liked to have had more pictures to share.

My red Hawk and a domesticated bear?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5-19-12 021.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1735859
    Ed & Jean's home

Name:	5-19-12 023.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1735862
    Ed's Champ, which led the convoy

Name:	5-19-12 033.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1735860

Name:	5-19-12 029.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1735861

Name:	5-19-12 030.jpg
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1735863
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Brent, I'm glad your club members had such a nice day for your meet,better weather then today. The red Hawk is looking good, hope to stop by your place and check it out in person. Good shots of cars and trucks while your batt held up.

Comment

One of the newest Studebaker additions to the local chapter fleet is Mike & Jan's 1963 Daytona 4-speed convertible. They also brought the 1915 (or was it 1916?) Studebaker. Very nice!

Name:	5-19-12 026.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1674429

Name:	5-19-12 035.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	1674430

Name:	5-19-12 031.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1674431

Name:	5-19-12 034.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1674432

Name:	5-19-12 032.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1674433
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by old digger View Post
        Brent, I'm glad your club members had such a nice day for your meet,better weather then today. The red Hawk is looking good, hope to stop by your place and check it out in person. Good shots of cars and trucks while your batt held up.
        You are certainly welcome to stop in. Will you be attending the local chapter's car show either this Memorial Day or Labor Day with your white Hawk? It is always nice to see 'new' Studebakers at these events.
        sigpic

Comment

nice post Brent! sorry I couldn't make it, car wasn't done, so I went golfing instead.

Comment

My inlaws live about 15 minutes from Pioneer Park. I remember going to an orphan car show there a few years ago and seeing a few Studes and a very nice "Pan Car", made up in Saint Cloud. Wish I could have been there this year
            '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Working...
            X