Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from someone with a 59-60 lark (possibly 59-64?)parts car

HELP,
    Somewhere along the way, I seem to have lost (or my chrome guy, or my paint guy lost) the wiring harness piece that fits on the turn signal housing on my 60 lark. It's a short piece with the bulb socket on one end, a rubber bushing to go through the fender in the middle, and the male/female push-on connector on the other. piggy tails right off the headlight wiring just before/after the headlight. probably 12-16 inches or so long. I believe green & white wire may show.

Anyone out there with a lark parts car than can sell me those?
    I need both sides (2). I'm ready to put stuff back together, but these have to go in before the grille.

I could not find a separate part number in the manual, but attached a scan of the page. Listed as 0617-74 is the turn signal housing. No separate listing for the wiring harness itself. (this is from page 162 of the chassis parts catalog)

If I happen to find mine at a later date, I will send your's back to you.

edit: added second pic showing full page of the catalog. The later lark years may have the same piece of wiring.

thanks,
    eric
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gohdes; 05-20-2012, 05:19 PM.

This is an integral part of the parking lite fixtures - that's why there's no part number for it alone.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If you had it chromed, then it was eaten up by the acid dip as part of the chroming process. You might be able to use an aftermarket socket & splice it into the housing & then splice on the same type connector that was used on Fords of the same vintage to keep it the same to the Studebaker harness.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Y&Z yesteryear makes them (or can make them). I had them make some for a 64 Avanti. They were an exact match, with the grommet included.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I can help you out if it is the same as a 1963 Lark.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            I can help you out if it is the same as a 1963 Lark.
            not sure if it is or not Brent, did you look at the picture in my original post? It looks very similar to the ones for the other years.
            Here's the whole page scanned showing the later lark years also.

If you have two of them, you are close enough that it would be prudent to try. I am trying to get these in before I have to put the radiator and engine in.
            Can you take one (or two) out without too much trouble and take a photo of it? Or maybe meet me in Princeton? (Dang, I was just in Princeton on Friday to pick stuff up from my chrome dude).
            Remember I need two of them.

thx, eric
            Attached Files
            Last edited by gohdes; 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

It may not be until Tuesday evening that I can get one removed from a car as I have made arrangements to go look at a pickup topper tomorrow evening. As for meeting you in Princeton, I work there so that would work well. I'll contact you when I get the part removed. Actually, I may have a set from a Champ front fascia that I bought at last years Hudson swap meet....I could either loan them to you or at least compare them to the '63. I'll take a quick look at it tomorrow night.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                I'll contact you when I get the part removed.
                PM sent with my phone number.

Comment

E-mail sent, but no good news. My Champ front panel has the lights in it but the wires were cut off about 4 inches away from the lights. My only other possibility is a 1963 Lark parts car which I will look into tomorrow evening. If anyone else has the exact parts as requested, a quick response would be appreciated.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X