Body tag streamer puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body tag streamer puzzle

When I was checking information on some of the Kirby cars I found that the '64 Cruiser, serial 64VC2553, had two streamers attached to the body ID tag on the firewall. The basic body tag read 64VY9 and ended. One streamer had the number 3095 which I suspect might be the body ID numbers. Then the second streamer read EKT TR. ??
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Originally posted by 53k View Post
    When I was checking information on some of the Kirby cars I found that the '64 Cruiser, serial 64VC2553, had two streamers attached to the body ID tag on the firewall. The basic body tag read 64VY9 and ended. One streamer had the number 3095 which I suspect might be the body ID numbers. Then the second streamer read EKT TR. ??
    That is a Canadian built Cruiser so the the body tag with body number streamer is standard. The EXT TR is fairly common. I do not recall if that is extra exterior trim or a different interior trim package. I don't know what either would be on a Cruiser that already is well equipped with both interior and exterior trim. Did you notice anyting different from a regular 1964 Cruiser, either inside or out?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      That is a Canadian built Cruiser so the the body tag with body number streamer is standard. The EXT TR is fairly common. I do not recall if that is extra exterior trim or a different interior trim package. I don't know what either would be on a Cruiser that already is well equipped with both interior and exterior trim. Did you notice anyting different from a regular 1964 Cruiser, either inside or out?
      The interior is very deteriorated, but it appears to have had broadcloth seats. I guess that could account for the EXT TR streamer. Thanks. I hadn't thought about that.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
      X