McPherson College 13th Annual CARS Club Show May5th 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McPherson College 13th Annual CARS Club Show May5th 2012

Studebakers where well represented in the car show at McPherson college.

The McPherson College 13th Annual C.A.R.S. Club Car Show was held on May 5, 2012. The show included over 250 rare and classic automobiles such as the one-of-...

62,63,64 GT Hawks, Larks, Les Hole over restored pickup, Bill Jones Packard.

Neat video.
    Would you know who owns the 1912 Speedwell?
    The Ozark Trails Chapter is looking for a 1912 Orphan to feature at our 17th Orphan Car Show in Branson in Sept.
    Branso, MO is celebrating their centennial this year and would like a 1912 car to display with the ophans.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

I'd like to have that yellow Kaiser Darrin in my garage. Wife ask me once if there wasn't any other dream car that I wanted besides my "catfish". It would be the Kaiser, however I can't come up with that kind of money
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

Originally posted by RareBird View Post
        I'd like to have that yellow Kaiser Darrin in my garage. Wife ask me once if there wasn't any other dream car that I wanted besides my "catfish". It would be the Kaiser, however I can't come up with that kind of money
        I have always liked the Kaisers. There is a sweet Custom Kaiser over on the HAMB. My list of dream cars is entirely too long for my wife's liking lol
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I believe this is the only U.S. college offering a degree in auto restoration. It was mentioned in last week's My Classic Car by Jay Leno as he has donated to McPherson.
          Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
          jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

McPherson is the only college offering a 4 year degree in Auto Restoration. The students run the car show, make the trophies (from car parts) - and there are tours of the restoration facilities. There is a 1953/4 Studebaker Starlight Coupe in the restoration process. It has been interesting seeing it progress over the last 3-4 years.

Saw more Studes there this year, than previous years. Great show. My MGB was entered - but stayed home in KC with some strange noises trying to be found. Was there last year - will plan on next year.

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Gary1953 View Post
              Neat video.
              Would you know who owns the 1912 Speedwell?
              The Ozark Trails Chapter is looking for a 1912 Orphan to feature at our 17th Orphan Car Show in Branson in Sept.
              Branso, MO is celebrating their centennial this year and would like a 1912 car to display with the ophans.
              Have no idea who owns the Speedwell - but, it was originally owned by the head of the Montgomery Ward store - back in the day. That may be a lead to find the current owner, and contact information. The car had a REALLY COOL body style! Lots of neat pinstriping, too!

When is the Orphan Show? My brother (Doug - once a member of the Ozark Trails) and I have attended that in the past - might look into getting to it, again -

Drew

Comment

I believe this is the only U.S. college offering a degree in auto restoration.
                Actually, there are four colleges offering antique auto restoration degrees - but McPherson's is the only 4 year degree, and is the oldest, most prestigious, and covers the broadest range of skills for the antique eras.

Jay Leno is always quoted as supporting the scholarship program, but there are many corporations (Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler, etc), people across the country, and civic and social organizations who sponsor scholarships at McPherson. The Studebaker National Foundation sponsors two students per semester, and even some individual SDC chapters sponsor scholarships (Blackhawk Chapter is one of them, I believe).

It's a worthy cause, and if you want to donate - be sure to specify that it goes to help the Antique Automobile Restoration program or donate to any of the scholarship funds that have already been established. Midway Chapter has donated scholarship funds to help one of our own members who is a student at the college (and soon to graduate).
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by drew72mgb View Post
                  McPherson is the only college offering a 4 year degree in Auto Restoration. The students run the car show, make the trophies (from car parts) - and there are tours of the restoration facilities. There is a 1953/4 Studebaker Starlight Coupe in the restoration process. It has been interesting seeing it progress over the last 3-4 years.

Drew
                  Drew, If you see this, do you know who the contact person is for the Studebaker project? Also, is there a link to the project that can be viewed?

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Baker54 View Post
                    Drew, If you see this, do you know who the contact person is for the Studebaker project? Also, is there a link to the project that can be viewed?

Larry
                    Larry-
                    I don't know the answer to either of those questions - I would do a GOOGLE search of McPherson / CARS show - and get a contact through the students.

Starting to make plans to be there this year -

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by drew72mgb View Post
                      Larry-
                      I don't know the answer to either of those questions - I would do a GOOGLE search of McPherson / CARS show - and get a contact through the students.

Starting to make plans to be there this year -

Drew
                      Thanks for the response. I'll check it out. Larry

Comment

Working...
                      X