battery booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery booster

Does anyone make a 6 volt battery booster or a 6V-12V booster? The 54 Commander is still 6 volt and I have always carried an extra 6 volt battery to shows, etc, just in case but both batteries failed. Ken, Deltaville, Va

You can boost a 6v with a 12v battery. Positive to positive, negative to negative. Warning: If your six is dead or dry, it can explode. (but so can a 12v).

Take usual precautions when boosting, including standing back and not connecting both at once with two hands across your heart.

Comment

Also make sure your door isn't open with the interior lights on....they will burn out.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Harbor Freight has a charger that does 6 and 12 volts for about $29 mine gets used a lot and is about 5 years old. Still a chargin'

Comment

Now I see it says booster not charger oh well thats what you get for 3 hrs sleep Sorry!
          Originally posted by studeluvr View Post
          Harbor Freight has a charger that does 6 and 12 volts for about $29 mine gets used a lot and is about 5 years old. Still a chargin'

Comment

The battery in my 12 volt booster died. When I opened the case, I discovered that there was simply a small 12 volt wet (lead/acid) sealed battery inside. You could replace that battery with a six volt battery and have what you desire.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Why are you having trouble with 6 volt batterys?
              Klif
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

To ken-renda,-----Jumping a six volt battery with a fully charged twelve volt battery can be done and I have done it more than once. But having said that, I'd recommend doing the jump as quick as you can, don't leave
                those batteries connected any longer than necessary, and WEAR SAFETY GLASSES!!!!!

Comment

If your clock should happen to energize while hooked to 12 volts could be fatal to the clock.
                  Dave Pink
                  Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
                  1925 ER Tourer
                  1925 Panel Delivery
                  1953 Champion Sedan
                  1957 Golden Hawk
                  1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
                  http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Working...