Studebaker chuck wagon article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker chuck wagon article

My dad passed away a couple of years ago and I have been going through the tons of papers he had saved throughout his 94 years. And believe me, he saved EVERYTHING! Yesterday, I found a newspaper article from the Amarillo Globe-News dated March 17, 2008 by Delbert Trew. Thought it made interesting reading, and maybe some new knowledge.

Goodnight chose a military version Studebaker ambulance wagon as a base for his chuck wagon because it had steel axles, iron springs and other metal fixtures designed for rugged use. He adder a wooden water barrel to one side and a wooden chuck box on the rear with a fold-down lid used as a table.

I wonder if Studebaker ever built a factory chuck wagon. Probably about 15 or more years ago, I saw a Studebaker chuck wagon in a 4th of July Parade here and took a picture of it. Haven't got a clue where that pic is, but I saw such a critter. Factory or not, I don't know.

For a little snipit of Mr. Goonights Studebaker chuck wagon see the followong: http://lonehand.com/chuckwagon_central.htm

Comment

Working...
    X