Studes going to new homes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studes going to new homes

The '33 Commander just sold off of ebay, so the listing was pulled. Sale is pending on my '53 truck. An SDCer called me this morning and we agreed on a price. He thanked me for selling him the truck as he's looked at dozens of C-Cabs and mine is the one he's been wanting. Waiting on him to wire me the money and that listing will be pulled too. But it looks like both Studes have went to great homes.

good news!!!
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Fantastic News another Great Adoption Of Studes
      Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Sounds good! I have my fingers crossed on your receiving guaranteed funds to cover the 1953.

...have gone to great homes... or ...will go to great homes... not "...have went to..." <G> - I couldn't resist. You know me well enough to know that I am just joshing with you.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No sweat there Gary. I'm from Georgia, I never claimed perfect grammar. <G>

Just got a call that the money has been wired, and a gentleman in Virginia now owns a very nice '53 Studebaker truck. He's going to keep it exactly like it is.

Comment

Very cool. Glad it all worked out. Sometimes it's just as gratifying to have been instrumental in finding them homes as it is to give them one yourself

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

To: Studegary;----But it looks like Both Studes ARE GOING TO great homes.

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                Very cool. Glad it all worked out. Sometimes it's just as gratifying to have been instrumental in finding them homes as it is to give them one yourself
                That was the case with my '58 Commander, '57 Wagon, and now this truck. It was even more satisfying watching the cars go to good homes, than owning them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  No sweat there Gary. I'm from Georgia, I never claimed perfect grammar. <G>

Just got a call that the money has been wired, and a gentleman in Virginia now owns a very nice '53 Studebaker truck. He's going to keep it exactly like it is.
                  Did he wire you "extra" money and then ask for some back?
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    That was the case with my '58 Commander, '57 Wagon, and now this truck. It was even more satisfying watching the cars go to good homes, than owning them myself.
                    Maybe you have a talent for finding good Studebakers and then locating the right person to adopt.
                    sigpic
                    55 President Deluxe
                    64 Commander
                    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                      Did he wire you "extra" money and then ask for some back?
                      Nope...

(extra letters since it's too short as it is.)

Comment

Matt
                        Glad to hear you got what you needed for your vehicles but more important was the fact that they went to good homes. That's how I felt about selling my '64 Cruiser at York. The people were really cool and appreciated the car.The car gets driven more now than when I rebuilt it. Best of all they had pics of the garage in which the car was to be stored. Better than when I had it ! Best of luck with your next project. Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
                          Matt
                          Glad to hear you got what you needed for your vehicles but more important was the fact that they went to good homes. That's how I felt about selling my '64 Cruiser at York. The people were really cool and appreciated the car.The car gets driven more now than when I rebuilt it. Best of all they had pics of the garage in which the car was to be stored. Better than when I had it ! Best of luck with your next project. Rob in PA.
                          I never thought of the garage angle. I guess that I should tell people that my cars stay in a climate controlled garage.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 2moredoors View Post
                            Maybe you have a talent for finding good Studebakers and then locating the right person to adopt.
                            I agree, you may have a career in finding good homes for deserving Studebakers. A very useful function. Also remember that grammar is just somebody else's idea of how you should talk.
                            Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                            50 Champion 2 door*
                            53 Commander K Auto*
                            53 Commander K overdrive*
                            55 President Speedster
                            62 GT 4Speed*
                            63 Avanti R1*
                            64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Congratulations Matt. I was waiting for the last hour of the auction. That is the time those intent to own begin to posture. Then ....hopefully all hell breaks loose. Let the bidding begin....where she stops nobodys knows. Unfortunately, we will never know how much someone wanting an original original 53 C-cab, with only 14,000 miles, would have bid. Bird in hand Matthew. Find a nice 32 Studebaker St. Regis I can buy off you !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X