Looking for a 1963 inner fender part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 1963 inner fender part

I am in the midst of taking the front sheet metal off the '63 Lark for ease of access to pulling the drive train and doing a disc brake conversion. I've got some serious holes in the Battery tray portion of the inner fender. I think would rather just weld in a new battery tray section than replace the entire inner skirt. (or am I nuts). I noticed SI has inner skirts with heavy duty Battery. I'm not sure whether this is the entire skirt or just a section.

Anyone have a good battery section that I could weld in?

Thanks

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

My project car the 64 Daytona becoming a 66 Daytona just had that done, we cut a good box out of an old fender and grafted it in place on the 66 single light fender, no problem doing that, my body man will do any thing I ask and if he thinks we should do something different he will say so, much easier doing it this way.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
      My project car the 64 Daytona becoming a 66 Daytona just had that done, we cut a good box out of an old fender and grafted it in place on the 66 single light fender, no problem doing that, my body man will do any thing I ask and if he thinks we should do something different he will say so, much easier doing it this way.
      Thanks for information Bob. I too think it would be easier to cut out the bad battery section and replace it with a good section by welding it in.

Allen
      1964 GT Hawk
      PSMCDR 2014
      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
      PSMCDR 2013
      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

During its restoration I replaced the whole inner apron on my 63 Daytona and it was a lot of work let me tell you! Lots of spot welds to drill out. Much easier to just section in a patch as Bob suggested.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
        X