PDA

View Full Version : Startling contrast

Bob Andrews
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Went in the store and when I came out this was parked next to me:

http://i.pgu.me/py-8sflS_original.jpg

I just got a kick out of the contrast :-) while I was taking this, the owner of the Caddy came out. Of course, he knew somebody who had one like that back in the day:)

2moredoors
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM
When I saw the photo I thought it was your Caddy and the Sude belonged to some one else.

JimC
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I'd rather have the Studebaker.

You look like you were at the edge of the lot. Was it that full, or did this guy intentionally park next to you? Either way, love your lark!

Bob Andrews
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Well, the lot was fairly full, but not completely. I think he just took the easiest spot in which to park, right by the lot entrance. Maybe he just parked there so he could see the car on the way in. That's what I would have done.

Coincidentally, I am looking at those Caddies to eventually replace my 178K mile Rendezvous. I either want one of those or the Lincoln MKZ. Waiting till I find one with at least 100K miles. Gotta have something to keep the Lark off the Winter roads!:)

BTW- I apologize for the huge picture. I did it right from my phone with PicGarage, with no resize option. Wish I could edit it down without reloading it to PBucket...

R_David
05-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I find myself craving Dunkin Donuts coffee all of a sudden. Strange.....

Flashback
05-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Did the other drive say "Beam me up Scotty" into his iphone ?

8E45E
05-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Should we be surprised? After all, there's probably 50 years difference there.

I would take the Lark in a heartbeat, though.

Craig

Milaca
05-08-2012, 09:21 PM
The one vehicle certainly looks impressive sporting all that bling.... white sidewalls, chrome bumpers, chrome bumper guards, chrome mirrors, chrome headlight rims, stainless windshield trim and stainless windshield wiper arms. I feel sympathy for the poor schlup that owns the Cadillac. ;)

studegary
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Well, the lot was fairly full, but not completely. I think he just took the easiest spot in which to park, right by the lot entrance. Maybe he just parked there so he could see the car on the way in. That's what I would have done.

Coincidentally, I am looking at those Caddies to eventually replace my 178K mile Rendezvous. I either want one of those or the Lincoln MKZ. Waiting till I find one with at least 100K miles. Gotta have something to keep the Lark off the Winter roads!:)

BTW- I apologize for the huge picture. I did it right from my phone with PicGarage, with no resize option. Wish I could edit it down without reloading it to PBucket...

I thought that you liked the Lincoln MKT. Did you downsize your interest?

Bob Andrews
05-09-2012, 03:58 PM
I thought that you liked the Lincoln MKT. Did you downsize your interest?

I don't know. The crossover one. How stupid that they make you try to remember a few similar initials instead of just giving cars names:(

studegary
05-11-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't know. The crossover one. How stupid that they make you try to remember a few similar initials instead of just giving cars names:(

The MKX IS the crossover one (X for crossover). Previously, you stated that you wanted an MKT, the larger one, like BondoBill has. It is more trucklike. I told Bill and Ellen that the T stood for Transtar. The MKZ, that you mentioned in this topic/thread, is the Lincoln version of the common Ford Fusion that Lincoln called the Zephyr for one year and then went to MKZ.

I agree with you on all of these letters and numbers instead of names that many car companies now use. Lincoln used to have such good model names, like; Capri, Continental, Zephyr, Cosmopolitan, Premiere. We can forget Versailles. I guess that letter and number stuff started with the Mark series.