Hey Steinkamp, didn't you own this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Steinkamp, didn't you own this?

'55 Champ on the local craigslist. Aside from being a 6 with auto, looks to be a car well worth the money.

Beautiful Car....terrible carpet, but otherwise pretty.
    I think I had that carpet out in front of my motorhome...Was that color stock?

Comment

Yes!

I bought that car from Peterson. It is a 6 automatic, but with the low gear start and the BIG 185 6, it actually had acceptable performance. It was a nice car cosmetically too. I thought it looked better with the wide whites...

It didn't have the ugly green carpet in it when I owned it. If the correct color green carpet couldn't have been found, black would have been a far better choice.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Wow...That car looks like a real 'Georgia Peach'!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp View Post
          Yes!

I bought that car from Peterson. It is a 6 automatic, but with the low gear start and the BIG 185 6, it actually had acceptable performance. It was a nice car cosmetically too. I thought it looked better with the wide whites...

It didn't have the ugly green carpet in it when I owned it. If the correct color green carpet couldn't have been found, black would have been a far better choice.
          Thats the one and I was the 2nd owner , wonder how many owners it has since then, was a nice car for a "6"
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Definitely looked better with the wide whites!

Comment

Originally posted by Marie Mac View Post
              Definitely looked better with the wide whites!
              Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

+4 on the WWW. It looks a little more, what is the right word here....demure {?} with the BW tire. It pops more with the WWW

I sure did not mean to sound mean about the carpet....maybe I come off that way at times, definately not what I am trying to do, I just like honest feelings, and my feelings are that car is gorgeous, -the carpet. Yes black would have been a better choice at that point, phew, glad I am not the only person who questioned the carpet.
                Last edited by kmac530; 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM. Reason: add demure

Comment

Working...
                X