Location of vin plate on 60 champ pick up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of vin plate on 60 champ pick up

Can someone tell me where the vin plate is on 1960 champ pickup...or a vin number is located on the vehicle. I have a clear title for the truck but have no idea where the number is on the truck. Can I just punch numbers in a plate and attach to inner front fender.

On my 63 Champ it's located on the "B" pillar of the cab. Open the drivers side door and just below the door latch (on the cab not the door) is the serial number plate.

Joe
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Comment

Thanks Joe....I was afraid of that. Wonder where I might be able to find a blank serial number plate? Any ideas ?

Comment

can always tell if its a "true" 60 by the 3 indentions over the rear window.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I know on the cars their is a 'hidden' serial number on the frame, I would assume they had this on the trucks too. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of Champs will chime in here.

Joe
          sigpic

1962 Daytona
          1964 Cruiser
          And a few others

Comment

Don't think there is any frame vin # on Champs....sounds to me if there isn't a vin plate on the door post this truck is most likely pieced together from many trucks.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

No "secret serial number" on Stude truck frames.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Blank plates come up regularly on E-bay. Sorry, I dont have a link but there are several styles so make sure you get the correct one. Steve
                sigpic

Comment

Wolfie.....I had heard they were seen on ebay at times. But fortunately I went back out to check the door opening more closely and found the data plate directly below the rear latch for the door on the body. I have my 60 Champ on ebay .....fellow from Toledo came over and bought the truck only..... less the big block. i looked quickly on the driver side inner door on the body front of the door and did not see a data plate. I am all set now...thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X