My 59 Lark resurfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 59 Lark resurfaces

The new owner of my 59 has been sending emails asking me if I would be interested in buying the car back. The question I have is, what is the cars value. I got rid of it for a reason (shoulder problems w/3 speed). I'm not sure what to offer. It wouldn't be a daily driver anymore. Here is a video she posted of it. Looks like it did when I sold it, but with some interior upgrades (door panels,firewall padding, pedal pads). Here is a link to the video. Input is appreciated.

Interesting what they did to the firewall pad..........looks like they covered it with pieces of household door mat?

Offer to buy it back for well under what they paid you for it originally, and see what happens -- if you want it back.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I saw that video as part of an ad on Craigslist or the like. Fair job on the upholstery repair. Obviously the video was more about the upholstery than selling the car.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Bob don't play games with the guy you know what you paid for the car and how much you put into it and now he takes it step further, if you are really interested in it ask him what he would like to get out of it, he might be hurting for cash as are a lot of others with old cars but no reason to try and beat the guy to death, if you really want it back I am sure then you guys could work out something, just be the straight up guy I know you to be. still a nice looking little old lark 2 door, you put the air in it ??
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Interesting way to sell a car !
          I'm not sure if I like some of the material they used but it sure looks like they did a decent job.
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 63larkcustom View Post
            The new owner of my 59 has been sending emails asking me if I would be interested in buying the car back. The question I have is, what is the cars value. I got rid of it for a reason (shoulder problems w/3 speed). I'm not sure what to offer. It wouldn't be a daily driver anymore. Here is a video she posted of it. Looks like it did when I sold it, but with some interior upgrades (door panels,firewall padding, pedal pads). Here is a link to the video. Input is appreciated.
            http://youtu.be/hqSC9kadyPk
            I was looking at the slideshow on YOUTUBE and I kept thinking I have seen this car, granted I see a lot of cars weekly but then it hit me. It's on craigslist!! So I did a search and here it is. I dont know what she asked you to pay. It's clean but not that clean.

Comment

What a shame to put all that work into it only to have it ruined with such tacky upholstery materials.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. The price does seem a might high considering what I sold it for. The seats have the same upholstery as it did when I started the project. I did add the a/c equipment, but never got it up and running. Thats about the time the shoulder started its routine. The only new is the door/side panels, door weatherstrips and catwhiskers, pedal pads and the firewall cover. The rest of the car is exactly how I sold it. The people are moving and need to find it a home. I'm just debating about how much I really "need" the car. It is a nice one though.

Comment

For those who don't remember, this is what it looked like when I got it and what it was like when I sold it I know pretty much every nut, bolt and quirk about the car. Its been a couple years, so need to see if anything has changed or developed.

Comment

Working...
                  X