PDA

View Full Version : Pics From the Tulsa Meet

Studedude
04-28-2012, 07:22 PM
I didn't stay for the banquet, due to weather concerns. I'm sure I'm missing a great time!

Here are the cars that made the meet:

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/DavesPlace_photos/Tulsa%202012/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Dick Steinkamp
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
I'll take the tri tone Speedster, please (don't tell Sheba I said that :eek:)

Poor Avanti :(

The video is one of your best efforts to date. :confused:

Studedude
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
I'll take the tri tone Speedster, please (don't tell Sheba I said that :eek:)

'Sheba won't mind, she was flirting with that Speedster all day.

Poor Avanti :(

Yeppers.

The video is one of your best efforts to date. :confused:

Well, Carl was too fast for me... he did his burn out before I could get my camera prepared. :-(

Dick Steinkamp
04-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, Carl was too fast for me... he did his burn out before I could get my camera prepared. :-(

Old age DOES slow us down some. :p

Studedude
04-28-2012, 08:29 PM
I can't believe my 'puter said that! :rolleyes:

Oh... what I meant to say was, "You should know, old timer!" ;)

But, it's too late for that snappy come-back, eh? :confused::o

Dick Steinkamp
04-28-2012, 08:36 PM
But, it's too late for that snappy come-back, eh? :confused::o

Case and point. :mad:

Studedude
04-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Case and point. :mad:
Got me. :(

BobGlasscock
04-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Are you two done bickering?

I loved that (I dunno) 50-51 convertible. Maybe I oughta take a hacksaw to mine. NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

JimC
04-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Beautiful cars. What happened to that poor Avanti?

dnevin
04-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Is that 50 (I think) convertible Aero Blue? Whatever it is it is a pretty color.

Studedude
04-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Are you two done bickering?

Bickering? Dick and I are just visitin'! <GGG>

I loved that (I dunno) 50-51 convertible. Maybe I oughta take a hacksaw to mine. NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It's a '50.

Don't take a hacksaw to yours, Bob.

Perfection comes in many forms. The '50 convert was intended to be a convert, yours, not.

But, it should be noted that both your car and the convert have similar history... both have been passed from father to son, and that is NEAT!!

Studedude
04-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Is that 50 (I think) convertible Aero Blue? Whatever it is it is a pretty color.
Sorry, Dave... can't say what color the convert is, but it is the right color, fer sure!

Studedude
04-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Beautiful cars. What happened to that poor Avanti?

The Avanti and driver were both in heavy traffic, surrounded by younger, more agile, cars and drivers.

Suffice it to say that the younger, more agile cars (and drivers) came to a halt in front of the 50 year old car, (and its 90 year old driver,) and response time/stopping technology were not in the Studebaker, (or its driver's) advantage.

Milaca
04-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures Dave. I too really like that Speedster. The '64 Super Lark Daytona convert is really nice too. Lots of nice rides there.

Studedude
04-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictures Dave. I too really like that Speedster. The '64 Super Lark Daytona convert is really nice too. Lots of nice rides there.
Thanks, Milaca.

I have to admit that I sometimes wonder why I spend the time taking, editing, uploading, and posting pictures.

Comments like yours remind me why I do.

Thank you... really!

ST2DE5
04-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the movie Dave. You know I got in trouble. My wife said people don't like black marks on there parking lot. And when am I going to grow up.

Marie Mac
04-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the photos...really enjoyed them--especially the tri-tone Speedster...

Baker54
04-29-2012, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=Studedude;642074]I didn't stay for the banquet, due to weather concerns. I'm sure I'm missing a great time!

You did miss great food and entertainment. This was my first banquet and it lived up to its reputation! The good Doctor was in rare form doing his thing with the auction. Thanks for the judging lesson.

289stude
04-29-2012, 09:28 AM
What is the story with the white R4?

ST2DE5
04-29-2012, 09:54 AM
It belongs to forum member [starlight]

Randy_G
04-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I had a great time! Got some great shots and met some really nice folks.. Looking forward to the next one! I'm surprised people dont come just for the food!! It was an amazing spread.

Studedude
04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the movie Dave. You know I got in trouble. My wife said people don't like black marks on there parking lot. And when am I going to grow up.
It's fun, being a guy, eh? <G>

Studedude
04-29-2012, 03:47 PM
You did miss great food and entertainment. This was my first banquet and it lived up to its reputation! The good Doctor was in rare form doing his thing with the auction. Thanks for the judging lesson.

I enjoyed spending the day with you!

Did I win a big ol' door prize? I left my ticket with another fellow, I've been waiting on a report. <G>

Studedude
04-29-2012, 03:50 PM
I had a great time! Got some great shots and met some really nice folks.. Looking forward to the next one! I'm surprised people dont come just for the food!! It was an amazing spread.
'Twas nice to meet you, Randy. In true Stude fashion, you invested a lot of drive time to spend some time with Stude folks.

Thanks for joining us for the day!

Baker54
04-29-2012, 09:24 PM
I enjoyed spending the day with you!

Did I win a big ol' door prize? I left my ticket with another fellow, I've been waiting on a report. <G>

John Kimbrough has your 1st place car trophy (and he said he would get it to you!) and you "had" to win a door prize because we had enough to go through all the numbers of tickets present. Thanks for attending and helping make our Zone Meet a success!! Also, you have a great car and I am planning to make the stance of mine close to yours.