Bed liner on front air scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed liner on front air scoop

I seem to recall someone, somewhere painting their front C/K air scoop with bed liner coating that was color matched to their paint. It's time to fix up the scratches and scrapes on mine and I would like to do that to make it more durable. Looking for a quality spray on liner that can be color matched. Any suggestions/recommendations?

thanks

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

3 M rocker shootz is on the course side, and there is a smoother version that flows out better. These coatings go first, then basecoat and clear........

There are bed liner products that can only match so good. The best way is with chip guard and paint.

Comment

I put this stuff on my back fenders on my truck about 20 years ago and it still is holding up. You have to have a special gun to shot it and it is cheap. You regulate the texture by the amount of air. You have 4 hours to get the color over it or forget it.

Comment

As Mike indicated, use 3M Body Schootz, base coat clear, AND add in some "flex" the same stuff used on plastic bumper covers, That will"help" make the paint "less brittle"

OR, use the spray bomb bed liner, and paint over it.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Why not try 3M clear bra stone chip protective film? It goes on over the paint, and if it gets scratched, it can be replaced without having to repaint.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I got in touch with Steve Hudson who has the Phantom '53 convertible and he confirmed that he was the one I was thinking of. He had the scoop and the underside of his hood done by Rhino Liner. They matched his color based on his paint code and the match is right on. He said the scoop is holding up very well. It made his hood a lot heavier so he is not sure if that was such a good idea. Thanks for everyone's input. I want something that is super durable since my car sits quite low. I will be checking with local bedliner companies to see who is confident on matching my color. I also found that Eastwood.com has a do it yourself spray on liner that can be tinted, but trying to match colors is something I may need to leave to the pros since my color vision is not very good.

Pat
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
            X