The Death of Poor Old # 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Death of Poor Old # 3

when the auction of Jack's car collection in Jane,Mo. starts on Saturday one of my old friends won't be there
    You see I've known Jack for many years. We use to go on old car hunting trips every time I past thru his area.
    One day he called me up and said that a big junk yard on Hwy 60 near Seneca,Mo. was closing,and that he just bought a 1958 Packard 4dr sedan from there for $250.00 he sounded so happy on the phone. At that time I was in Virgina picking up my 58 Packard 2dr ht parts car. Two days later when I arrived at Jack's he was sitting out front next to his prize, a white 1958 Packard 4dr sedan, body # 3!! Except for the missing tail lights the car was complete.
    Late last year I got word that Jack had been killed. And that his cars would be sold in April this year.
    I sent a friend over to look at the cars because the one car I wanted was old # 3. When he called me and said there was no 58 Packard there only the 57 sedan. I told him to go by the house and check because he would not have sold it. What he found was very depressing to say the least. I guess the 58 was in the way of getting cars out for the auction and because it did not roll some @%*&$# bozo with a tractor just smashed it out way. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
    Attached Files

Phooey, James; that is disappointing. There are always some good bits and pieces on any car! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Right to the gut! Hate seeing this. James, any chance you know someone who could score that body tag?
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Such a shame I've never been on a tractor that didn't have chains for pulling things out of the way. What a careless _______.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Wow... That's cold. And I bet the auction company never bothered to look at that car and see if there was anything special about it. "It's rusty, so it must be no good." Depressing.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Down, but hopefully not out!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              Right to the gut! Hate seeing this. James, any chance you know someone who could score that body tag?
              I am trying to recover the whole car, but the car has been knocked down the side of the hill so it has to come out the same way it went over
              Attached Files

Comment

I got a '57 Clipper parts car, if you want anything off of it. She's a shy crusty, but if some of it would help you with that, give me a hollar
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I hope you can save it. So MANY unique and worthy parts there!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Any news about old number three?

Comment

Working...
                    X