PDA

View Full Version : Check out ALL the cars....

BobPalma
04-27-2012, 09:52 AM
...along the rows through which the Metropolitan is driving?

The place is later identified as The Automobile Driving Museum.

http://www.hagerty.com/classic-car-articles-resources/Video/Hagerty-Classic-Car-TV?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_content=HCCTV&utm_campaign=Episode27

Note the gold Avanti and 1956 Packard 400 appearing at about 7:00 in the video as well. (May take some time to load.) BP

clonelark
04-27-2012, 10:12 AM
On the guys jacket it said Beach Cities California

mapman
04-27-2012, 10:37 AM
It's a great place about a half mile from Los Angeles International airport. Every sunday they get three of the cars out and take people for rides. They have a lot of Packards and a number of Studebakers amoungst the rows of cars to check out. My daughter went for a ride in a Kaiser while we were there in March. They often take cars out to different shows in the area. Nice people there too.
Rob

showbizkid
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
The San Diego Chapter did a field trip here a couple years back. Here are a few photos to whet your whistles :) Sorry, a couple are blurry, as I was using available light and handheld...

Bullet
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
The Driving Museum has an active group of Studebakers guys there. And as such they always bring three cars to the Peterson Show every March. I remember last year they brought a big Packard that had people riding in the back when they arrived. No big deal until I noticed the people were actually were maniquins dressed in 1930's clothes and hats.

Mark

kurtruk
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Did you catch the vanity plate on Clark's photo of the '50? :)

They sold a lot of the yellow-on-blue vanity plates back in the day. Where have they all gone? You see so few today.

('Course I'm just as guilty. I have one that's not seen, since it's not on a vehicle.)