Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What current parts dealer has the best and most complete online listings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What current parts dealer has the best and most complete online listings?

After spending about 15 minutes looking through and plugging in parts numbers I am totally disappointed be all the sites I've found. But maybe there is much more NLA these days
    Last edited by 64V19816; 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM.

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
    After spending about 15 minutes looking through and plugging in parts numbers I am totally disappointed be all the sites I've found. SI has probably the least useful site I've ever seen.
    Probably Chuck Collins.
    Bo

Comment

http://www.studebakerparts.com/ in wonderful "Sunny" Phoenix AZ.

I can highly recommend them

Comment

What parts are you looking for ?
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

There are many reputable vendors. We all need to find someone we are comfortable with, where the service is good, and where the prices are worth the quality of the products and speed of response. I've dealt with Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International, Chuck Collins at Studebaker Parts, Dave Thibeault, Jon Myers, Phil Harris, Dennis Dupont, the Thoms brothers, and others for many years. None of them have ever given me a bad deal or abused me on pricing. On any given day, one of them may be cheaper on a particular part. It's important to understand that any one of them may chose to reproduce a part and then they wholesale it to the other guys. You have to be satisfied with the average of the prices you get - and the service - from whoever you deal with most. Generally, you'll get better service if you get to know one of them well and send all/most of your business there. Sometimes, though, only one of them will have your part or the technical knowledge to solve your need. All of them will typically have many parts that are not in the catalog.

That said, Ed Reynolds at Studebaker International still has the most complete on-line and printed catalog of parts of anybody. It is true that you need to find the page on the site that lets you see all 337 pages of the very complete catalog. Here's the link: http://www.studebaker-intl.com/2010_catalog.html. Just click on the "Downloadable Catalog - Click Here" button. You can save the PDF file of the latest version on your own computer for instant reference. If you own a Studebaker, you need to have a catalog and introduce yourself to Ed. Be sure to meet the other guys, too. Even without printed or website catalogs, most of the serious vendors can get you any part you need in a few days.
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

If you get upset about a 15 minute investment of your time to look for a part, then you'd best re-think playing with old cars..
            Some of us search for years to find that one special part.
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Haha. Thanks for that advice but ive had old cars since I dragged a 41 Chevy home from the junkyard, age 16...and spent a year and a half working on it. I learned to drive in that car. As to the 15 minutes... Looking for just basic things so easily found years ago just flipping through the Newman Altman catalog or a two minute call to Tony Carella turns into a fruitless keyboard exersize. I guess it's just me getting back into the learning curve since this is my first Studebakering since I sold the Avanti in 1996. Got to relearn a lot....I guess too I am comparing the extensive and amazingly complete listings of early series Land Rover parts by Dunsfold in the UK. As long as you know the part number....the inventory info and price is right there. Astoundingly complete all their parts are listed by part number with inventory and price spreadsheet style.
              Last edited by 64V19816; 04-26-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

You still haven't said what parts your looking for ???
                I take since you have a 66 it would be those parts .....you should post what you want , there are alot of people on here that may be able to help you out.
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I'll probably be a lot more content and pacified when the copy of the SI print catalog arrives.

Comment

Those fortunate to attend the swap meets can vouch how important the home based once or few times a year vendors are. We are spoiled rotten because of their services and very fair pricing on everything they offer for the most part. thanks guys. I know who a bunch of you are. cheers jimmijim
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I've had good luck with KG:

Only problem for me is that he is in Canada and I am in US. He ships by Canada Post, the worst way to get anything.

Comment

Thanks, Jim! There are many of who have large inventories that will never be cataloged due to the large number of items and the fact that most items we have one or just a few of, making cataloging impractical. Rare, hard to find parts may occasionally surface on ebay, but will seldom be found in on-line listings.
                        if seeking a rare part, it is necessary to call or email some of us small venders. You can take Bill Fennesey off of the list because he recently sold out to SI.

Comment

Some vendors have sufficient inventories and business practice to have catalogs, on or off line. The best and most complete Studebaker parts dealer is the network you receive as a member of the Studebaker Drivers Club. If you have not joined, you do not have access to the items you need.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                            Some of us search for years to find that one special part.
                            The one part I have been looking for is the dang money tree!!!
                            Carey
                            Packard Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Dads Baby View Post
                              The one part I have been looking for is the dang money tree!!!
                              Carey,

I grow those trees here at my place in OK. Each tree is guaranteed to be in bloom and sprouting at least $100 in bills. My price including shipping to your door is $199.00.
                              sigpic
                              John
                              63R-2386
                              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
                              X