PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Custom '53 Stude

DEEPNHOCK
04-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Very nice work done here...
I would like to see more pic's of the rear suspension setup.

http://www.txhouseofhotrods.com/1953-studebaker/

http://www.txhouseofhotrods.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/53_studebaker_main.jpg

FlatheadGeo
04-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Nice two tone affect!!!

Pat Dilling
04-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Very impressive build. Things that caught my eye are the grill treatment, the console and I wonder what battery they are running in the trunk. The rear suspension looks to be a fairly standard triangulated 4 link. I don't see any sort of track bar. Turn signals must be inside the grill. It even has windshield washers so I am thinking it is a driver. One of things I love about the 53-54 C/K cars is you can do them so many different ways and they usually come out looking good.

PackardV8
04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes, very nice build.

First thing which catches my eye, like a poke in the eye, are the large shiny funkmasterflash wheels. His car, his money, his decision, but

ralt12
04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Is that a really steep angle for the engine (pic #1) or is it just me ?

Kdancy
04-23-2012, 11:29 AM
White wouldn't have been my choice for a 53 -ck as it really doesn't highlight the lines of the car. I like the grill treatment.

(S)
04-23-2012, 11:58 AM
So hard to clean melted tire rubber off of a nice white paintjob..........

kmac530
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
I love the concept of the build, but not a fan of some of the finish details.
Pat, It does look like a triangulated 4 link which means it does not need a panhard bar.
Jack, I like the wheels, they may be bigger diameter than more than traditional styles, but the style of the wheel is an old school looking wheel and matches the car well imho.
I love the grill treatment, modern, yet classic. Cool.

Not a fan of the white with the rootbeer. They feel clashy to me. Not a fan of the dash, steering wheel, or center console. The center console has to much wavy shape to it like some import tuner car and I don't like how it stops right at the rear seat to expose the carpeted hump....rather see a more classicly shaped console and run it all the way back thru the rear seat.

And lastly, I big time prefer the stock '53 rear tail lights and top quarter panel chrome trim over those oddly angled lights.

Other than that, I love the motor, which looks to be a correct angle in all of the other pics Ralt, so my guess it is just the angle of the camera. I love the suspension. And of course, I love the car itself.

But as has been said...their car, their money, their choice. I am just glad to see more folks choosing Studes to build and saving them from the crusher or death by rot.

studegary
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
I like it except for the headlights.

studegary
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM
White wouldn't have been my choice for a 53 -ck as it really doesn't highlight the lines of the car. I like the grill treatment.

Bob Bourke preferred them in black or some other dark color. He said that they looked better that way and painted his 1954 Starliner black.

JRoberts
04-23-2012, 06:33 PM
I really like this car. The smooth lines, in my opinion, really accent the traditional C-K shape.

johnod
04-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I really don't like the car.
The grill treatment isn't bad, but not an improvement.
it looks well done, and lots of bucks, nice engine, but overall, no thankyou please.

But it's not my car so it doen't matter what i think.

clonelark
04-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Henry Ford liked his cars black also, but the public wanted a different color. Make mine a pearl color.

parts
04-24-2012, 01:34 AM
I think the white makes it look taller..and the two tone..
"Does it make my butt look big ?"

Ah..colors are so subjective..

woodysrods
04-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Not really doing it for me either. The two tone choice with "White" was a bad one.
Liked some things but not the whole picture.
Just another opinion.
Good Roads
Brian

kmac530
04-24-2012, 09:41 AM
I forget who owned them but a mmember here a gorgeous black one that had a nice stance and someone else had a baby blue one that was just sweet looking. Both of those blow this one away appearance wise.

One of them may have been Woody's ^^^

johnod
04-24-2012, 02:42 PM
I forget who owned them but a mmember here a gorgeous black one that had a nice stance and someone else had a baby blue one that was just sweet looking. Both of those blow this one away appearance wise.

One of them may have been Woody's ^^^

I know Dick Stienkamp's ( sp?)black coupe was a real beauty.
It may be my fav of all the C/K coupes I've seen.

52-fan
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
The build quality is great, but the only part that really grabs me is the grilles. The interior and exterior colors don't seem to go together, but the camera sometimes doesn't do paint justice. I would like to see the car myself.