This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Ready to be Mad-- Studebaker Content

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Edmonton Journal offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Didn't they used to hang horse thieves?
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Yes they did! My great great grandfather was part of the "vigilante posse" who finally caught up with the notorious Sheriff Henry Plummer and his band of outlaws, in Jan 1864. Sheriff Plummer, had been duly elected to his position as Sheriff for Bannack, Montana in May of 1863, but he and his "close circle" of friends had a fondness for stagecoach holdups and other items, as well. That all ended with the posse finally cornering them and ended with a quick hanging of said desperadoes, without seeing the need for a trial!

Now whether the "posse" all went back to 1 of the local saloons, in Bannack (which was a gold camp at the time) and had whiskey for themselves, while buying beer for their horses, has been lost in time!

Comment

Hmm....you have to wonder.

As the gentleman says, it looks like they actually drove the Model T around, banging into things. It's not that easy to operate a Model T Ford, and I can't imagine anybody of "youthful vandal" age actually figuring out how to do so. Maybe they could start and drive the Studebaker, but the Model T?

In any case, there are one or more people on the loose up there who need to have significant definers of their masculinity removed, assuming they are male. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thats just a cryin' shame....hope they catch the little bas.....ds
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That's the worst thing I've seen in ages. Who would destroy such amazing cars, seemingly just for the fun of it? I hope those vandals pay dearly.
          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
            That's the worst thing I've seen in ages. Who would destroy such amazing cars, seemingly just for the fun of it? I hope those vandals pay dearly.
            I hope they get drawn and quartered.
            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Alberta has seen a few very prosperous years. Some kids may have developed a sense of entitlement. Then again, there's been a huge influx of people from all over the world heading there for the employment opportuities. Doesn't sound like these people have any respect for property and probably aren't interested in a job. What a pity.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Hmm....you have to wonder.

As the gentleman says, it looks like they actually drove the Model T around, banging into things. It's not that easy to operate a Model T Ford, and I can't imagine anybody of "youthful vandal" age actually figuring out how to do so. Maybe they could start and drive the Studebaker, but the Model T?BP
                I think he was saying they drove the Studebaker out, pushing the Model T in front of it. Then drove around in the Studebaker smashing into the front of the T. Seriously doubt anyone who would do this would have a clue how to run a Model T...........
                Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Geez! This would be wrong even if it involved only Chevys!
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I certainly hope that the offending jerks are located and get their due punishment. Who ever did this act should be severely dealt with.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

The victim of this senseless crime should be commended for his utter restraint in talking calmly about the incident. So sad.
                      Andy
                      62 GT

Comment

If it's kids and they're fiound, they'll get a slap on the wrist.
                        They'll be given every benefit of the doubt and still grow up to be methheads/punks/losers.
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Very sad...but amazing how quickly we blame and demonize "kids" (with a sense of entitlement of course) or "people from all over the world" without a shred of evidence. Human nature I guess to go with our personal stereotypes.

Any other possibilities? Maybe this guy was a jerk and made a few enemies (not that that would excuse such behavior)? Insurance scam? Just about anybody hopped up on drugs?
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Not judging, Dick. "These people" refer to whoever did this.
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

'Just checked our newest SDC Roster. There are no members last name Keltie anywhere in the world. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X