Pa. 62 Daytona Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa. 62 Daytona Update

I put the Daytona on the road March 9, today I rolled over 1k miles since then. It's gettin around 21mpg and have added 1/2 quart of oil. Very dependable , fun transportation. I did find out that when gas gauge needle is on the "E", that means there's no more push water in the tank. Happened at the main downtown intersection of the town 10 miles south of me. I was on the red light side, stopped. Tried to tell him gas station was the next stop, has to know I'm old and forgetful.
    Kim

Good that your having fun with your car. Things like running out of gas will help you remember to check next time and make a good story ......after the pain goes away.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Having a Studebaker run out of gas is a rite of passage. Congratulations and top off every 200 miles!
      Andy
      62 GT

Comment

Oh I'm famous for runnin outa gas. My former wife was smart enough to put a gallon gas jug in the trunk of a 60 Lark that I traveled in. Guess she got tired of coming to my resue. The gauge wasn't real accurate and I'd forget to write down the miles when I'd fill up. Part of the fun of driving old iron.
        Kim

Comment

To: kamzack,----Your former wife placed a gallon jug of gasoline in Your car's trunk?...sounds like the beginning of a 'Perry Mason' TV show!

Comment

Working...
          X