PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker's Still Don't Get No Stinkin' Respect...... (mini rant)

DEEPNHOCK
04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Went to post a few pic's on 'The H.A.M.B.'....

My thread got killed...because it wasn't 'traditional enough'....
Hmmmmmph...
What is more traditional than a Studebaker powered '53 Studebaker race car?
And I have been a H.A.M.B. member for years, and even a H.A.M.B. 'Alliance Member'..
I smell some snobbery:rolleyes:
Spent way too much time just looking to find a 'moderator' to send my snotty reply off to...

(copy)
This is the message that was sent:
Hi DEEPNHOCK,
The following thread that you created has been deleted:
==========================
Thread: '53 Stude Drag Car
Forum: Hokey Ass Message Board (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
Reason: *Off Topic buildstyle. Not Traditional.*
==========================
For further guidance, please read our posted rules for our open forums (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274). If your post was removed from one of our classified sections, please be sure to read the rules posted at the top of that section. If after reading these rules you still have questions, feel free to send a private message to any of our moderators.
Thanks a ton,
The H.A.M.B.

PackardV8
04-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi, Jeff,

Yes, the hamburgers are militantly old school, but they're then always running threads about '60s and '70s gassers - much later production than your Studebaker.

Maybe, it's not about your car being a Studebaker. Maybe, it's about the wing, the hood scoop, decals and the other contemporary touches.

jack vines

Gunslinger
04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Install a Superbird style towel rack above the rear and see if they accept it then. A Superbird decal on both rear fenders might help as well.

DEEPNHOCK
04-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah... They are torn.....and Hypocritical.
An altered wheelbase Granada is OK, and new Chevy p/u with '57 Chevy fins is OK... But a Stude with a carbon fibre wing is verboten?
Wait until they see my H.A.M.B. Alliance aluminum tag with a circle and a line through it;)
I'll blame it on the moderator(s)... That's easy, and senseless

Hi, Jeff,
Yes, the hamburgers are militantly old school, but they're then always running threads about '60s and '70s gassers - much later production than your Studebaker.
Maybe, it's not about your car being a Studebaker. Maybe, it's about the wing, the hood scoop, decals and the other contemporary touches.
jack vines

sweetolbob
04-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Well!!! What do you expect, not enough foul language or bad grammar in your post to be considered traditional on that forum.;):D

BobPalma
04-17-2012, 06:04 PM
That is amazing, Jeffster. I always thought that place was pretty much "anything goes." Surprising. BP

starliner62
04-17-2012, 06:26 PM
I got yelled at for looking for a set of "non-traditional" wheels.

JRoberts
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
That is amazing, Jeffster. I always thought that place was pretty much "anything goes." Surprising. BP

Nope Bob, the H.A.M.B. has some pretty strict guidelines about what they are about. It is true that there are a few threads that included stuff outside of the normal parameters but those are usually done with some special explanation.

Chris Pile
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM
I've been banned twice by Ryan for stupid stuff not car related.
Several folks I know have gotten the banned stick from the HAMB when they've done nothing wrong.
It's weird. Still go there once a day, though.

SN-60
04-17-2012, 09:11 PM
To: DEEPNHOCK,--- "What is more traditional than a Studebaker powered '53 Studebaker race car?".....A Cadillac or an Oldsmobile or a Chrysler Hemi powered '53 Studebaker race car is more 'traditional'.
Let's face it, the Stude power is 'cool' to Us, but it's hardly traditional!

PlainBrownR2
04-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I think I know what it is!! Scuff that shiny black paint in a few places, remove the sanctioned chute, wheelie bars, and the wing, and then put a straight axle under the front, then the vehicle might have a shot on the HAMB :rolleyes:.

(I'll paruse through the day's threads over there, but have little interest in joining at the present time. Personal reasons stemming from the last Morris Hunnert Car Pileup, the HAMB involvement, and the rather dangerous and failure of execution of traffic flow in and out of the fairgrounds, before the Morris and state cops got involved there and on I-80. In all of my 27 years of going to swap meets up here, that was an all out disasterous first....) :mad:

cruiser
04-18-2012, 05:55 AM
Groucho Marx said " I wouldn't want to be a member of any club
that would have me as a member ' , ( or words to that effect ) .

I have gone over to the HAMB a few times to see what's happenin'.
Could not find myself getting interested in stuff that many of them
seemed to have passionate views about . So I'll leave them to it .

Any car orientated site that can't relate to a Stude powered 1953
Studebaker race car is probably not worth worrying much about . !

CRUISER

jimmijim8
04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Hokey ass message board----sorta explains it. cheers jimmijim

bezhawk
04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Hokey ass message board----sorta explains it. cheers jimmijim

My thoughts exactly Jim......they seem to be excessive in the a** area, and not enough in the hokey part!

kmac530
04-18-2012, 11:52 PM
That place drives me nuts. You post there and check back the next day and you cant even find it...it will be 6 pages back and have 20 posts on it but still be buried pages back.....too much. It is a bit too militant and definately too foul. I am not a saint, but I do not need to read threads that have vulgarity after vulgarity. I prefer it here.
I like your car Jeff.

bob40
04-19-2012, 06:14 AM
It's so bad yet most everyone goes there.

FlatheadGeo
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
I think that CRUISER summed it up best!!!! Jeff, you are a true gentleman and it shows in all of your posts! Guess they can not handle that aspect of your writing!

cultural infidel
04-19-2012, 12:40 PM
That place drives me nuts. You post there and check back the next day and you cant even find it...it will be 6 pages back and have 20 posts on it but still be buried pages back.....too much. It is a bit too militant and definately too foul. I am not a saint, but I do not need to read threads that have vulgarity after vulgarity. I prefer it here.
I like your car Jeff.

Thats why I have my setttings set to auto-subscribe. That way I can find the threads that I have posted in. Makes it a whole hell of a lot easier.