Parts suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts suppliers

Wow, some parts suppliers really get the customer service concept.
    Last week I came up with a plan to fix my E-brakes. I asked about a cable company that will make custom stuff. Alan suggested Control Cable in Santa Fe Springs Ca.
    Friday I called them about mid day and a service listened to what I wanted to do and he said, let me get you Vic, he can help you better. Ok, Vic gets on in a few seconds. I explain to him what I have and what I want to do and my issues. He says sure, we can whip that right up. $20 bucks per side and I will send it out monday.
    SURE, I read off my CC number and give him my address. Today I am working in the front yard, our UPS truck usually comes at 4pm + but at about 2:30 a UPS truck pulls up and hands me a box...no big deal, untill I look at the box and realize it is my E-brake cables...ALREADY.
    Vic HAD to have went straight over to a machine and cut my cables, dug out my ball ends and pressed them on and shipped them out IMMEDIATELY for them to get here 2 business days later.

Amazing service. I realize that is not always possible, or even practicle, but man was that nice.

I highly recommend those guys if you need ANY cable. They do it all. And do it affordably. He actually seemed really stoked to help out with a Studebaker.
    Anyway, thanks Alan for that suggestion, and I WILL use them again.

link:

Comment

Thank you kmac. Bookmarked the site, I need an emergency brake cable(s) for my 57!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Love seeing a place that actually cares about their customer. When it comes time to replace my e-brake cable, I'll give them a call.
        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Great tip, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X