Southwest Street Rod Nats, OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Street Rod Nats, OKC

Took some time between tornadoes yesterday and visited the Street Rod show in OKC. I have to admire the folks that brought their cars, given the weather threat that existed.

Attendance was down from other years, but there were still more cars than you could really look over in a day.

I have come to appreciate rat rods more than I ever thought I could. I really think these guys have more fun than those of us that strive for flawlessness. This is one of many that caught my eye:

That said, here is some Stude content:

Price/information on the wagon, if interested:

sigpic
    Dave Lester

I would like to have went but we had Stude meet in Columbus, Ks. That GT is from Mustang, Ok. Have you ever drove Studebaker in 40 mph winds? It will wear you down.

Comment

Very cool Rat Rod trailer. Should be on the T&TT Forum....it would be a big hit there. To bad I am not as computer literate as I would need to be to send it to that site.
      Good Roads
      Brian
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I have not seen an M Series with the missing grills under the headlights like that. IS that an early M or am I just getting old? That opened myself up....didn't it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Bullet View Post
          I have not seen an M Series with the missing grills under the headlights like that. IS that an early M or am I just getting old? That opened myself up....didn't it.

Mark
          I won't take advantage of the opening you left, Mark, 'cause I'm not qualified to answer your question.

The truck was quite modified, so he may have altered that area.

I wish I had taken a picture of the engine compartment, as he opened it up shortly after I put my camera back into my pocket.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

I have been going to the Street Rod Nationals every year in Louisville, KY for the past 10-12 years. Always a great time, looking at others' innovations and just plain trick ideas. Not to mention more street rods than can be seen in a week, unless you have a golf cart or something. Also, many of the vendors offer 10 per cent discounts and free shipping, i.e. air conditioner kits (everything for a Stude but the compressor mount).

Comment

If I didn't already have two Studebaker projects going, I'd be interested in that Conestoga. Price is high, but he says OBO!

Comment

Working...
              X