1957 silver hawk radio plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 silver hawk radio plate

I am looking for a facve plate for a 57 silver hawk radio. The one in my car has an am radio without a push button. I think it is the wrong one. Every pic. I have seen has the same radio I have but with push buttons. I want to replace the radio with one that works but my face plate is solid where the buttons should be. Can anyone help me or do you have a face plate with the cutouts? I know I can put a later model in that is transistor and it has the same dimensions, but I need the cutouts for the buttons. Any radios out there for sale?

Jeff

1bba@tx.r.com

Jeff,

Why not get yours repaired or converted to AM/FM? Do you have a picture of it?

There were two stock radios offered for the 56-57 hawks. AC- 2748 was a 6 tube manual tuning radio and AC- 2747 was an 8 tube push button radio with double the audio power and a larger speaker than the manual tuning radio.

The Hawk owner could order either one on any 56 or 57 hawk. Then, just as now, a CASO was a CASO, so many folks put the cheap radio in the Hawk.

the sales brochures generally depicted the deluxe equipment.The accessories brochure should show them all.

The face plate is probably harder to find than the actual radio, since it is shiny, is easily removed, and everybody wants one.

Dan Skidmore advertises in Turning Wheels every month and says he has most Studebaker radios available. Brent Hagen has new dial glass, and had some 56-57 hawk radio cores a few months ago.

I just sold a converted 56-57 Hawk radio and may have another one somewhere in my stock.

If you wish to contact me, my email address is a better bet than the PM feature for me.
    Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-16-2012, 01:51 PM.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have a friend who has newly re-plated 56-7 face plates for plain & p.b. radios.
      call Hugh 337 344-9731

Comment

Working...
      X