Old Stude dealer in New Castle PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Stude dealer in New Castle PA

Anyone familiar with Randy Shaffer (Towing Service) in New Castle, PA? I just got pinged by his cousin, that his father was a Stude dealer from the 50's until the end...

thx
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Yes Shaffer Motors in New Castle. Dealer code #1298. The franchise record is available from the Studebaker National Museum.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      Yes Shaffer Motors in New Castle. Dealer code #1298. The franchise record is available from the Studebaker National Museum.
      When I was at the SNM archives about three or so years back, I looked at sales cards for all cars sold by Carl E. Filer Co. in Greenville, PA (dealer code #0097) from Sept. '63 'til the end. 1964 Canadian-built Commander V8 2-door (64V-F4) serial no. C500648 and '64 Canadian-built Commander V8 4-door (64V-Y4) serial no. C503726 were dealer-traded to Shaffer Motors in New Castle in August and October 1964, respectively.

On a side note, I see that Filer's sold a V8 '66 Commander 2-door sedan (66V-F4) serial no. 532497 to Frank Polick in nearby Mercer, PA. Wonder if he's still around, and if the car has had frame work <GGG>. My Turning Wheels on the '66's is two floors down, but I seem to remember only 298 of those built.
      Last edited by Bill Pressler; 04-10-2012, 04:21 PM.
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
        When I was at the SNM archives about three or so years back, I looked at sales cards for all cars sold by Carl E. Filer Co. in Greenville, PA (dealer code #0097) from Sept. '63 'til the end. 1964 Canadian-built Commander V8 2-door (64V-F4) serial no. C500648 and '64 Canadian-built Commander V8 4-door (64V-Y4) serial no. C503726 were dealer-traded to Shaffer Motors in New Castle in August and October 1964, respectively.

On a side note, I see that Filer's sold a V8 '66 Commander 2-door sedan (66V-F4) serial no. 532497 to Frank Polick in nearby Mercer, PA. Wonder if he's still around, and if the car has had frame work <GGG>. My Turning Wheels on the '66's is two floors down, but I seem to remember only 298 of those built.
        Nah, looked at the Social Security Death Index online, and Mr. Polick of Mercer passed in 1979. I do seem to remember folks in our area who drove the later Studes seemed like older folks.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
        X