Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modified GT Hawk on CL

looks nice. http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/2939152469.html

Really nice looking car. Did you notice that in the 9 years the 350 has been in it hasnly gotten 510 miles. That kind of thing really kills the arguement for swapping to a more repairable engine. If I owned a car like that it wouldn't stay as nice, but it would have a lot more miles.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Loks like a DEAL to me!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

How hard and expensive would it be to find a Studebaker Engine and transmission (auto or 4Spd) to put back into the car. I assume it should not be difficult task. But the other questions are about finding the proper accessories for the Studebaker Engine (generator, Power steering, etc.P

Comment

I have every thing , but why? so many 62 GT's out there with the right set why change it back ? good running and nice looking hawk, nothing wrong with a SBC engine, in fact Studebaker liked them that they used them in the 65-66 cars, buy it drive it and enjoy it.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Guster, PM me for some info.

Dan Miller
            Auburn, GA

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              I have every thing , but why? so many 62 GT's out there with the right set why change it back ? good running and nice looking hawk, nothing wrong with a SBC engine, in fact Studebaker liked them that they used them in the 65-66 cars, buy it drive it and enjoy it.
              Once the board had decided to end auto production - and do so in a manner that wouldn't result in a bunch of lawsuits from dealers - the GM engines were a matter of convenience more than choice. They were looking for the EASIEST solution since the marque's foundry operation was closing.
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[QUOTE=Roscomacaw;636969]Once the board had decided to end auto production - and do so in a manner that wouldn't result in a bunch of lawsuits from dealers - the GM engines were a matter of convenience more than choice. They were looking for the EASIEST solution since the marque's foundry operation was closing. [/QUOTECon

convenience is still part of the reason they are used still now.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X