Avanti Corp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Corp.

How long was Michael Kelly sentenced for? Will he ever be eligable for parole? Any further news concerning the fate of the Avanti Corporation?

Has he even been convicted yet?
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

It is believed he will die of his heart condition before his trial.

Comment

Looks like case is still pending. With the litigation, lawsuits, etc., it will be years , if ever, an Avanti will be produced.

Comment

While I have no substantial opinion regarding Mr. Kelly and his guilt or innocence I do think the wheels of justice have turned very slowly regarding his incarceration since his arrest about five or more years ago. As I recall, he was grabbed by the U.S. Marshalls when he arrived in Jacksonville to visit the Mayo Clinic. It seems like most cases of this nature do not take this long for resolution.
          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

He has not been convicted of anything yet, and has not had a trial. He has been held in Chicago since January 2007 in lieu of bond. Federal prosecutors still do not want the judge to set any bond amount. But he continues to cooperate with the courts and make restitution to any victims.
            Lew Schucart
            Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Gosh. It starts to sound like Jeff Bridges will play him in the movie.

Comment

Working...
              X