Wagonaire Rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wagonaire Rack

This week I received the rack (and other pieces) back from Jerry Forrester. They are simply beautiful! (as usual from Jerry). I also received the NOS rack stanchion gaskets from Roscomacaw. The best part of this is that Bob used some of his home grown citrus for packaging ...

Bob knows my FAVORITE citrus is Pomelo and he loaded the box with those . I haven't figured out why Pomelos are not common in grocery stores. They are BY FAR the best tasting citrus going.

Thanks, Bob! .

Oh, yea, here's the rack...

I'm thinkin' that there ought to be a law that if you own a vintage station wagon...that it be equipped with a rack
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

StudeBob never disappoints. Also agree; a wagon without a rack is an empty canvas.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I am in on the rack requirments...looks awesome. You are an artist Dick. Nice work, seriously.
      You also just got me all excited because I ordered some pieces from Bob a day or 2 ago and he said "you may like my packing material"....now Im gettin hungry. Never had a Pomelo that I can remember. Can't wait. You gotta love that Bob guy. I am not sure where I would be without him. A TON of folks here have been so instrumental, but none more than Bob and Warren.

Comment

Last edited by Studedude; 04-06-2012, 06:05 PM.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
          Dick, on occasion, I have to remind myself that I like you.
          ...and visa versa

I do realize that and I'm thankful that is the case...but I'm not willing to trade any of that fun. Not even for more Pomelos

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
          And, regarding Bob... while I've never had the pleasure of enjoying his edible packing materials, I do enjoy looking around the Quonset and looking at special items he has sent me over the years... some attached to the Stude, some decorating walls/shelves.

'Tis a neat group we have assembled here, for sure.
          10-4
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Lookin' good my friend!
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
            1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
            1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
              Lookin' good my friend!
              Very good indeed
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank View Post
                Lookin' good my friend!
                Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                Very good indeed
                What those guys said!!!! One of these days I'll be able to see it live and in '3D'!!!
                (without the glasses...)
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Looking great! However, every time I see new pictures I think of SCUBA tanks and gear. No surf boards for me .

Now I'm searching for a wagonaire and Pomelos.
                  61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Glad the fruits got there OK, Dick - and the stanchion pads too. We have Gary Ash to thank (yet AGAIN) for those pads. He had them made many moons ago and I procured some for the 66 I no longer have. So they needed a purpose to their being. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure looks nice in place. Hell, evern the chrome job looks decent!
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I dont know why it is Dick but it seems everything you seem to touch makes my socks roll up & down. Beautiful, simply beautiful. One car after another just a work of art.
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yeah - Steinkamp has that effect on Stude folks. I quit wearin' socks after I met Dick. It's just easier like that!
                        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the rack compliments, and I do agree it looks "just right" on the car, but I had the easy part. The car as I got it from Pat came with a nice, complete, pit free rack and Jerry did the beautiful re-chrome job. All I did was bolt it on.

Bob...on the pads. Gary had told me that he had new seals made, but I thought he was talking about the long ones that go under the 5 stainless runners on the roof. My seals there were actually OK. Maybe I mis understood him...or maybe he had BOTH types made up? In any case, I appreciate that you found and sent those that you did.
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yeah, he had both made. I actually looked around here, thinking I'd bought some of the runner stuff too. Concluded I hadn't since I could scare it up.

Comment

New favorite...blood oranges ...

Sweet as sugar with a flavor all their own. Just amazing!
                              Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X