Northwest R3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwest R3

I'm trying to track down who originally did the R3 conversion on the Avanti I restored last year.
    Started out in Tacoma, and was late production Turquoise on turquoise R2. Auto, tilt wheel, square headlights,power steering. The conversion included a true R3 #B61, and a real R3flanged rear axle.
    It didn't get the solid bushing upper control arms, or the fresh air ducted air filter for the supercharger.(now corrected) included fuel pressure, and oil temp gauges in the console like a Paxton conversion.
    Serial# 5590.
    Perhaps Northwest Avanti? orCorbin Walters(sp)??
    Was at one time at ABC motors? a Pontiac dealership???
    Current owner has more info,and names of previous owner, but I haven't seen it yet.
    Pictures are on my second link at the bottom of post.
    Thanks
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

I didn't respond to your post for a long time because I don't really have an answer. All I can say is that Gary Johnson probably does know about this car, but I don't have any current contact information for him. Corbin Walters seems to be totally MIA.
    I do remember seeing a green on green car at ABC Motors in 1963 or '64, but I have no idea how it was equipped. I was told it was the owner's wife's car. I think the owner's first name was Tom, and he did acquire a Pontiac dealership and built a new, larger facility further south.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
    X