X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license plate frames

Have you Californians seen these?

jj

There were some from Waters Studebaker in California on eBay last year that I think brought in the $75-$80 range.

Comment

There were some from Waters Studebaker in California on eBay last year that I think brought in the $75-$80 range.

Comment

I had not, thanks!!! I'm sure that Dad has a set (or two) kickin' around- seein' as he worked there for a few years, but another set never hurts...

StudeDave [8D]
        V/P San Diego County SDC
        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
        '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
        '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
        '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
        '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I had not, thanks!!! I'm sure that Dad has a set (or two) kickin' around- seein' as he worked there for a few years, but another set never hurts...

StudeDave [8D]
          V/P San Diego County SDC
          San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
          '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
          '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
          '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Maybe NOT! The lic. frames I got were free, these are a bit pricey at $50.00 a pair, however they are the "good" ones with "Studebaker" on them, the later issue one just had the Dealer name and city. These are both for the rear, taller portion of lettering at the bottom.

[quote]Originally posted by StudeDave57

[b]I had not, thanks!!! I'm sure that Dad has a set (or two) kickin' around- seein' as he worked there for a few years, but another set never hurts...[quote/]

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Maybe NOT! The lic. frames I got were free, these are a bit pricey at $50.00 a pair, however they are the "good" ones with "Studebaker" on them, the later issue one just had the Dealer name and city. These are both for the rear, taller portion of lettering at the bottom.

[quote]Originally posted by StudeDave57

[b]I had not, thanks!!! I'm sure that Dad has a set (or two) kickin' around- seein' as he worked there for a few years, but another set never hurts...[quote/]

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Do any of you recall where Frost & French was located in LA?

Studedude1961
                --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Which time? The last was 838 Alvarado street between 8th and 9th streets.
                    They survived up until mid 80's I think. Carl & Herman Thoms bought their remaining stock. I remember when they sold those license plate frames for $5 a pair. I have several around here <G> and I also have a few of the "Village" Studebaker ones, that I got from Chuck Potter, who had a salvage yard in the LA dock area. LAst I heard, Chuck moved to Missouri, and nobody's heard from him since!

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Which time? The last was 838 Alvarado street between 8th and 9th streets.
                      They survived up until mid 80's I think. Carl & Herman Thoms bought their remaining stock. I remember when they sold those license plate frames for $5 a pair. I have several around here <G> and I also have a few of the "Village" Studebaker ones, that I got from Chuck Potter, who had a salvage yard in the LA dock area. LAst I heard, Chuck moved to Missouri, and nobody's heard from him since!

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

Frost and French was on Western Ave just north of Wilshire Blvd. Then moved to Alvarado St in the 70's. They then moved every thing to Lancaster. I guess that is where the Thom Bro's bought it.

Comment

Frost and French was on Western Ave just north of Wilshire Blvd. Then moved to Alvarado St in the 70's. They then moved every thing to Lancaster. I guess that is where the Thom Bro's bought it.

Comment

I had JUST moved to the LA basin in the early 80s. And while I knew of Frost & French from ads in TW, I had no idea where they were located. So, imagine my surprize when I chanced upon their place one Saturday while exploring LA in my Champ truck! They were closed for the weekend, but that didn't stop me from looking in thru the windows and marvelling at an Avanti II on display!

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I had JUST moved to the LA basin in the early 80s. And while I knew of Frost & French from ads in TW, I had no idea where they were located. So, imagine my surprize when I chanced upon their place one Saturday while exploring LA in my Champ truck! They were closed for the weekend, but that didn't stop me from looking in thru the windows and marvelling at an Avanti II on display!

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X