Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Avanti T86 (3-speed) first gear

...I need one. Ideas, please. Tnx, Bill

You need a CAR so equipped, or just a 1st gear?
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Is it the first/reverse slider gear that you need? If so, I would expect Studebaker International would have it. I also see them a lot on eBay.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

If first is gone then so it the cluster gear, sounds more like you need the full box, I have a few T-86's with overdrive but don't think they used overdrive in the Avanti's tight fit.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

thanks to all. it was the 1st/slider gear -- and, as i discovered later -- the cluster gears that were worn/shot, needing replacement. i found NOS at,

http://mmerlinn.com/catalog/makeridx.htm#default TARGET=

i waited to post to assure fit -- they do!

this appears to be a good source for many makes/many models.

Happy Hunting!

Comment

Or go this route :

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

To:candbstudebakers,----- A T-86 O/D transmission really would be a nice upgrade for a Studebaker Avanti equipped with a straight T-86 3-speed. Can't see why it wouldn't work. I've always enjoyed Studebakers
              equipped with O/D.

Comment

Working...
              X