oops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops

So, my father-in-law was visiting the other day. As he was parking in the driveway he mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal and drove through the garage door and into the back of our '55 coupe.

So, I am looking for a rear bumper, trunk lid, tail light housings, tail lights, and the metal piece that fits between the body and the bumper. Nothing has to be show quality, but fairly straight would be nice.

Oh, and a garage door.

Fortunately he missed the MG TD parked next to the Studebaker. I don't think the wooden framed MG, covered in metal about the thickness of tissue paper, would have withstood the impact of the floored Infiniti SUV as well as the Studebaker.

I feel your pain! My Mother-in-law did that to my garage door about a month after they moved in with us. Fortunately the Packard was not in the garage!
    Carey
    Packard Hawk

Comment

Man sorry to hear that.

Comment

Ouch, hopefully insurance will cover the cost of all repairs. Hope no one was hurt, other than pride. Check with Bob Petersen from Castro Valley (candbstudebakers) and Sal from Elverta, CA (sals54). They usually have some sheet metal. Also make a post with a title that is more descriptive of your needs. Good luck with your repairs.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

S.I. has repopped tail light bezels. Jerry Forrester will have a bumper. Bob Petersen is a go-to-guy for sheet metal. Good luck!
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
          X