Anybody parting out a 2 Door wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody parting out a 2 Door wagon?

For my 54 Conestoga I need the rear lip of the spare tire well above the hinges. See the picture below. I have new hinges from Studebaker International. If some one can cut this piece out of a car that they are "terminating" that would save me having to form and fit a new piece.

Thanks

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I wouldn't limit myself to two door wagons. I'm thinking that this part of the body is the same on all the wagons from 54 to 59.

BTW. I'd like to see some pictures of your car. I'm working on my 54 Conestoga and it's almost ready to get back on the road.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I figured as much Roy. Was even thinking it might be similar in Lark wagons, but just did not know. Here is a link to pictures of my Conestoga. I have not really started on it yet, just been gathering parts. It is going to get drive train and suspension from a '64 Cruiser.

This our 1954 Studebaker Conestoga. It will be my retirement project starting in Early 2012. In the mean time I will be planning and gathering "stuff" for it. I finally got started seriously working on the Conestoga in late summer 2013. In the mean time I was removing parts from the 1964 Studebaker donor car that I will be using to improve the Conestoga. Those include the engine, Rear axle, complete front suspension and 11 inch finned drum brakes. The rest of the Cruiser was sold to help finance the project, and the shell was donated to a local automotive school.

How about some pictures of yours?

Pat
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA

Comment

That looks very much like the one I parted out 20 years ago. Mine was a deluxe, and not a regal, like yours. same color and equipment, though. The engine was still strong and It's been sitting in my garage awaiting a new car.

My 54 Conestoga is a regal Commander. It's black with an orange/red window band. I have the interior partially apart because I was putting new stainless/chrome on it. It's been sitting for a few years, so I have to bleed the brakes, change the oil, and fire it up.

I'l try to figure out how to post pictures here.

Good luck with your project. I may have some parts if you need them.
        Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-01-2012, 08:04 PM.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Pat,

I just got my copy of Old Cars Weekly and they have a 54 Conestoga wagon for sale in the Kenny's Klunkers section. It may not be what you are looking for but if you would like the phone number to follow up, send me an e-mail and I'll give it to you.

It appears to be in North Carolina but I'm not sure.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks Jon. Unless they are planning on parting it out that wouldn't interest me.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
              Thanks Jon. Unless they are planning on parting it out that wouldn't interest me.
              I kinda figured that but thought I would let you know anyway.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Like to help but around here anything from the door handles down is worse than your pic.
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Working...
                X