What this unique '57 needs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What this unique '57 needs...

...is to be converted to a Pursuit Marshall 2-door with Golden Hawk engine option for Police use (it was available, seriously). [}][]

That would include checkered-flag V-8 emblems on the front fenders to denote 289 cubic inches, and a 275 HP Golden Hawk engine snuggled under the hood. Then, off to The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags! (Shifter would have to remain on the column, though...[xx(])

Heh, heh...[}] BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

AMAZING... I drive through this town at least once a week- and this was right under my nose![:0]

I bid on it just because; but if someone here wants it I'll be glad to back off; and I'll go look at it for you and check it out if you want!![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

AMAZING... I drive through this town at least once a week- and this was right under my nose![:0]

I bid on it just because; but if someone here wants it I'll be glad to back off; and I'll go look at it for you and check it out if you want!![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

So Bob, are you trying to hint something to StudeDave? [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

So Bob, are you trying to hint something to StudeDave? [8D]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, Bob...You should do it! []

I remember the days of drag racing column shifts. Usually the rear view mirror is the casualty, not to mention your right hand!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, Bob...You should do it! []

I remember the days of drag racing column shifts. Usually the rear view mirror is the casualty, not to mention your right hand!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I remember reading an article by Frank Ambrogio stating that he had sore knuckles from hitting his hand on the dash going into second gear. I guess that's what you get speed-shifting an OD eqiupped 56J.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I remember reading an article by Frank Ambrogio stating that he had sore knuckles from hitting his hand on the dash going into second gear. I guess that's what you get speed-shifting an OD eqiupped 56J.

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

He's already building that car, I bet he forgot it would be ready to roll to PSMCD.

(MIKE)
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

He's already building that car, I bet he forgot it would be ready to roll to PSMCD.

(MIKE)
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

...is to be converted to a Pursuit Marshall 2-door with Golden Hawk engine option for Police use (it was available, seriously). [}][]

Yes, Bob P., Studebaker Sales Letter of April 25, 1957. My copy is now so faded I can hardly read any of it. That Service Letter superseded an earlier one (of course <G&gt - November 6, 1956, that I don't have. The referenced Service Letter (4/25/57) was for police, taxi and severe service fleet use and included options for the supercharged engine, HD AT, HD cooling, HD valves and 60 amp alternator.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes, Bob P., Studebaker Sales Letter of April 25, 1957. My copy is now so faded I can hardly read any of it. That Service Letter superseded an earlier one (of course <G&gt - November 6, 1956, that I don't have. The referenced Service Letter (4/25/57) was for police, taxi and severe service fleet use and included options for the supercharged engine, HD AT, HD cooling, HD valves and 60 amp alternator.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That would include checkered-flag V-8 emblems on the front fenders to denote 289 cubic inches, and a 275 HP Golden Hawk engine snuggled under the hood. Then, off to The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags! (Shifter would have to remain on the column, though...[xx(])

Heh, heh...[}] BP

It would be even neater if someone ordered a Scotsman like that!! History has shown Studebaker would have built such a critter if someone insisted![:0]

Craig

Comment

Heh, heh...[}] BP

It would be even neater if someone ordered a Scotsman like that!! History has shown Studebaker would have built such a critter if someone insisted![:0]

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X