Farewell to 53 Starliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell to 53 Starliner

Finally had time to strip a few pieces off the 53 Starliner, and send it to the crusher. Sad.

Boy your in trouble now!!!
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Did you snag those polished wiper arms?
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I sure hope you saved that super-rare sun roof!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey, it is what it is. Sometimes we have to accept that a car is just too far gone. The only redeeming thing is that we can remove usable parts and send to rest to the crusher, which is what you did.
          Now it's time to move on to other Studes.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I hope you saved the chain in front so you will have it for the next one, and there will be a next one.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

No matter how apparently used up a parts car is, there is probably SOMEBODY who could find SOMETHING they needed on it. Heck, it could be completely corroded down to a literal pile of rust dust and somebody could use the dust for pigment to make some paint for their barn...

In all seriousness, I can see a few salvagable items in the photo but probably they are not rare and valuable enough to spend the time/effort to remove, store, clean/repair, market, etc for what little you'd get for them in ready to use form. Good that you got what you needed and the stude can live a new life as a manhole cover in a new subdivision

Jeff in ND

Comment

Any C/K roof stainless, windshield trim etc is worth snagging. Then there is the swaybay and hardware, suspension 'cores', generator, oil pump, crank bolt, easy stuff that lots of people need. I get calls all the time for this stuff. I hope you are teasing because some of these items are getting pretty rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                  No matter how apparently used up a parts car is, there is probably SOMEBODY who could find SOMETHING they needed on it. Heck, it could be completely corroded down to a literal pile of rust dust and somebody could use the dust for pigment to make some paint for their barn...

In all seriousness, I can see a few salvagable items in the photo but probably they are not rare and valuable enough to spend the time/effort to remove, store, clean/repair, market, etc for what little you'd get for them in ready to use form. Good that you got what you needed and the stude can live a new life as a manhole cover in a new subdivision
                  Jeff they don't need manhole covers in China.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Jeff they don't need manhole covers in China.
                    Yeah probably a out of date quip. About 20yrs ago I worked with a guy whose dad owned a foundary that made man hole covers and sewer drains and grates, etc and most of their raw material was scrap iron from old farm machinery, cars, appliances, etc.

Jeff in ND

Comment

I know I am in trouble, but I have been snakebit with this one from the word go. I saved all I could. Some of the items were removed after picture, but VERY few. I brought this car home and a tornado hit our place a few days later and blew over a 35 year old oak on it, damaging a lot of what I bought it for. Since that time, I haven't had any "play" time. Just getting to this part of clean up time. I have promised someone pictures of parts I have from this and others cars. I will also post here afterward

Comment

Working...
                      X