1921 radiator and shroud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1921 radiator and shroud

I purchased a 1921 radiator and shroud,I believe it to be anyway.It is painted metal and not chrome.It has the emblem on it similar to what your website has on its main logo.Anyway i am making wall art out of it (non destructive i might add)i was wondering what type of radiator cap might be correct for it?it has a threaded radiator,looks almost like pipe thread.the shroud is mostly primer color and i was assuming that it was black originally,were 1921 era studebakers anything other than black?

Could be something like this
    or
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

that looks identical to what i have,the pick to the right,any ideas on colors,and was i close on the year?and lastly can these caps still be found?by the way thanks alot for the reply,i have been reading through your site and wish i had the actual automobile.I do have a 66 t bird but these studabakers are really really cool.all of them.

Comment

The Boyce Motometer caps were a deluxe addition in those days. They would display coolant temperature before those gauges were remoted to the dash. Standard models were fairly unadorned; may have just had a simple screw on cap.
        Motometers can be found. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories 1921? Yes, and, as to the color...unless it was deluxe chromed or, more appropriately, nickeled, any you wanted as long as it was black.

Last edited by rockne10; 03-26-2012, 07:31 PM.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
        X